ARP head bolt torque spec a little high

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
also don't know if this makes a difference but i have not started the car at all and i don't even have everything put back together, i only got the head on and bolts in about 2 hours ago so everything is still easy to get to.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Avicii;1838665 said:
so if its warped how can i check and what do i need to do? its my first HG job and did plenty of research i guess he figured since he has done them on his it was all good.

If its warped, you pull the head off and put a straight edge on it. And itll need to be resurfaced or heated and bent back to true.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I say pull the head, take it to a machine shop and check to make sure its still straight. If it is, then put it back on and you got lucky. If not, see what they can do to fix it, and have your buddy pay for it.

Avicii

Nov 4, 2011
Next door
airhead04;1838674 said:
I say pull the head, take it to a machine shop and check to make sure its still straight. If it is, then put it back on and you got lucky. If not, see what they can do to fix it, and have your buddy pay for it.

well at least everything is easy to get too guess i will remove the bolts and find a shop to check for hardness and straightness and flatness, also this engine did not have a blown HG i was just changing it for insurance since it is already out of the car.