anyone race a '06 eclipse V6

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Well, coming from a HUGE Eclipse background, owning all generations except the 4th, I'll say that they are all very unique designs, indeed. BUT...what they are leaning towards now is a big luxury sports car...as to before, it was a small sport car...It's hard to say that I dont like what Mitsu is doing because I've always supported them, but I have to agree with most of you. For the record, they are fun to drive and although feel very heavy(which they are), I wouldn't mind having one as a DD. Just my .02.

BTW, anyone see the 4G Eclipse, AWD Turbo yet? It's been in several Mags...Very Nice :)

dsmlaserawd92

Dec 18, 2005
Shelbyville,IN
Jspec7m88 said:
Well, coming from a HUGE Eclipse background, owning all generations except the 4th, I'll say that they are all very unique designs, indeed. BUT...what they are leaning towards now is a big luxury sports car...as to before, it was a small sport car...It's hard to say that I dont like what Mitsu is doing because I've always supported them, but I have to agree with most of you. For the record, they are fun to drive and although feel very heavy(which they are), I wouldn't mind having one as a DD. Just my .02.

BTW, anyone see the 4G Eclipse, AWD Turbo yet? It's been in several Mags...Very Nice :)

Yea its got the 4g63 from the Evo and the Evo drivetrain. HKS and Ralliart combine to make it. Its never gonna come out, if it did it would be like 40,000 Whos gonna buy a 40k dollar eclipse, not me lol.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
....About the price of an Evo when the new ones first came out...I think it looks better than the Evo, although an Evo has more racing features...I'd buy it for $40k...but not over an MKIV :) -Just my 02 cents.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
dsmlaserawd92 said:
Maybe they will make it. Since this is the last year for the Evo.

Last year for the EVO?? I remember seeing shots of the 07 EVO10 wagon concept...did they decide to stop after the 9? That sucks since Subaru just came out with the new style STi's. I was hoping for mitsu to step it up.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
personally, i think the new STI's look like SAABs. Well...the headlights, anyways. I'd still prefer an MR over and STi anyday...Just always been a Mitsu guy. I dont think the Evo headlights could look any meaner, anyways.:)

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
the evo isnt being dumped, just its heart, its the end of an era for mitsubishi cus they're dumping their 4g63, if it was being kept in the lineup then it probably would make into the new eclipse, the new evo is gonna have a new engine under the hood.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yeah that's what I've been hearing. I'm happy about that, I'm pretty interested to see what they have to replace the 4G with. The new STi's are great(personally dont like the look compared to the 04-05's) but I've always liked the EVO's. I think they've got the handling edge over the STi's, while the subie's had the extra 20 horepower bragging rights. But with a new powerplant I think we'll be seeing Mitsu take the prize back from Subie.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
new powerplant for the Evo's....3.8L V6 MIVEC:evil2: lol...No, I haven't heard much about what's going into them...BUT, i've heard that it will be for the better...R.I.P 4g63:nono: