anyone race a '06 eclipse V6

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i tried to race one....as i have only seen two[i thought it would have been SRT-4 fever again :rolleyes: ]

anyway i wasted a i4 or two but thats like 1/2 throttle @ 2psi:evil2:

anyone?? if so post mods on both

john

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
theres a few up here... they dont look like much to me :stickpoke

i know the old eclipse v-6's were poo poo slow dont see these being much of an improvement. regardless of horsepower, its probably still a heavy pig

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
I haven't raced any but I heard that 276 or whatever the V6 makes doesn't make it faster than the 3rdgen's because this is the heaviest eclipse yet. In my opinion the ugliest too.:thumbsdow They seem to be going downhill. I've hated them since they replaced the turbo GSX with a V6 and made it FWD only.

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
they run pretty poor for 276 horse power...I know a kid that just got one, he gave me a roll race from like 25 mph and I pulled a car by 65. Keep in mind im an all stock 92 auto, and he was in the 276HP 6 speed. He isnt a great driver, but I still expected that thing to pull on me.

Last edited:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
V6 MIVEC
hp 263 @ 5750
tq 260 @ 4500
curb weight 3538

Not bad for a NA V6, but I bet it would be an even bigger win to 65 for the Supra, With all that weight and having to be pulled by the front wheel I'm pretty confident we'd leave it at the line and by the time they hit peak torque we'd be gone.:icon_bigg

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
i had one of those damn things taunt me 2 nite but he wouldn't let me get close enough to race he just wanted to run off every time i got close.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
I kept up with a black one with an 87 s10. My s10 has 2.5 4 cyl! If anyone dont know about them they are slow!!!! The best part was the guys pissed off look. After the "drag race" he beat me because 4 cly s10`s top out at 85~90mph. Then the pissed me off by flippin the hazards! (just a side note, s10 is my pizza delivery truck.)

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i figured this to all be true i just hate the commercial where all the cars are 'bowing' to it....

and then an FD does and i stood up and start looking for the local trip diamond dealer to tell them that is total BS!!!

a dood i knew had a i4 but never got to beat him bad like i wanted when my car got out of the shop his went in because he 'stripped-out' 2nd gear because he 'forgot' to shift......i tell you what he need is a bicycle!

john

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
jester1341 said:
i figured this to all be true i just hate the commercial where all the cars are 'bowing' to it....

and then an FD does and i stood up and start looking for the local trip diamond dealer to tell them that is total BS!!!

Hahah I did the same thing...I was over a girls house watching TV and once I saw the FD bow I yelled "Wow...that's stupid" and she just kinda stared at me, I tried to explain but she just didn't understand.:nono:

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
They have gone downhill ever since the V6 option came out!
"Then the pissed me off by flippin the hazards! " ..................People that put on their flashers after they pass someone are really stupid. Not only is it cheesy and ricey but its on hell of a good way to draw more attention to the fact you are racing.

mk3supra

Apr 22, 2005
Decatur, IL
www.supramania.com
I personally work at a mitzubishi Dealership (Dodge, honda and Hyndai also) and have driven the v6 6speed several times. The new Mivec engine they have is powerful and pulls hard thru every gear, and its pretty quick off the line. (pretty good burnouts also:naughty:) but their heavy and pretty ugly. next year they are releasing the spyder convertible.:thumbdown its even uglier IMO