Anybody want to buy a supra? *rant*

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol, if you wanted comfort, you wouldn't be looking at a sport bike.

I've ridden mine ~6 hours stopping for gas and my only complaint was my ass falling asleep. If it didn't vibrate so damn much, it probably wouldn't be a problem.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
For comfort get a cruiser type of bike end of story.

I speak from experience. I did a 15hr one way trip on a 02 gsxr this past summer and it was torture.

For economy buy a cavalier.

My supra is paid for and I don't have plans of it being a DD so having down time is only shop space to me.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
the reason the f4i is comfortable is because of the clip-ons there above the triple tree, so you don't bend that much forward.

sport cruisers are fast and comfortable...hayabusa is a sport cruiser lol.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ.;1190491 said:
Get your priorities straight....

Obviously the Supra isn't the car for you on your present income.

You need to change one or the other.

Living on 2 minute noodles to support a car is no way to live period.

figgie;1190518 said:
Then that was the first mistake right there. Never buy anyone elses problem cars. No good will ever come from it. Sell it off and buy a car that gets from point A - B reliably. Looking good, getting thier fast should be of no concern at this time in the game.

Truer words never spoken.

Owning a car like this is not for the weak of heart (or paycheck).

It's not the car that is the problem, it's you not being able to afford the car.

ImpulseDrive

Apr 23, 2007
Brooklyn
I recently sold my supra and got a four cylinder car to save on gas. I do agree modding your supra is expensive, but supras are very reliable stock cars. My bro has a 92 he bought a few years back and all he does is the gas and fluid changes and the beast still flies for a NA.

And he put wicked miles on in since his daily commute is state to state.

In your situation I'd recomend a 90s camry, accord, corrola, civic, altima, gallant etc. Very cheap to find one and buy and very cheap on gas and good on reliabilty (most that i listed). If you want a reliable sports car that saves on gas, the cheap ones I guess is early 90s celicas and eclipse. (the base models) Some might argue with me but I had personal experience with them in the family and for a guy like you, its good.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Get a 600rr...as long as the trips aren't like 10hrs then you can suck it up and deal with it. F4i is cool...but you will like a 600rr a lot better. Or an R6 but they are still high right now for some reason.

Goldwings are comfortable...but...I feel very tipy on them. I am 6' 2" and 165lbs so I can't really stabilize them at low speeds. They are cool bikes though.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
i have full coverage... but I'm thinking about dropping it because it's only $5k bike and if I need to replace the bike... lol "not my problem (anymore)"

But, I'll be a wuss and keep it full coverage.

*edit*
I'm paying ~$380/year for my 600rr. it may get cheaper since I now have homeowners insurance w/ the same company. Woot.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mkiiSupraMan18;1192664 said:
i have full coverage... but I'm thinking about dropping it because it's only $5k bike and if I need to replace the bike... lol "not my problem (anymore)"

But, I'll be a wuss and keep it full coverage.

*edit*
I'm paying ~$380/year for my 600rr. it may get cheaper since I now have homeowners insurance w/ the same company. Woot.

Still want your bike?

how do you get that cheap of insurance on that bike?

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
If you have a crap ton of stuff on the same insurance company...it is really cheap.

I would get full coverage if it is an expensive bike.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
Expensive bike-something that you want back if it was stolen, fixed if it was wrecked, laid down, or dinged and you would cry if you walked out and it wasn't their haha.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Clueless;1192668 said:
Still want your bike?

how do you get that cheap of insurance on that bike?

lol... you dont want this bike. It's damn near 20k miles, but, aside from the chain, I've had it serviced religiously.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
I like the fjr13hundo better then the goldwing. I love the goldwing but the fj is better from experience- from servicing to riding. I pay 63 for my f4i yup for full on aaa. on my 748 well that was a diff story. 20k on a honda aight sh*T.