Anybody want to buy a supra? *rant*

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Meh...how is it everytime i try to finish a supra I always run into finacial hardship of some sort? I now have to find something that's good on gas so I can spread of what's left of the money I have to pay gas and other bills. Why is it I can't seem to get anywhere it seems? More likely then not I'll end up selling my mk3 to buy a good motorcycle for the milage as I drive a lot, especially since I want to visit my girl quite frequently. I looked for some jobs, but no calls back. Luckly, my grandprents restaruant is giving me some income for gas and not much after that but that's going away end of december.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Rennat;1190475 said:
"especially since I want to visit my girl quite frequently"

cut that out. you dont need to visit. you'll live, dont worry.

Equally so, I can live without my supra...it's done nothing more then taken up garage space and paycheck.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
not the Supra. You.

An OEM supra is quite reliable. Hell besides the basic of oil and fluids and the occasional hose replacement. The supra was one of the cheaper cars to maintain. That off course went right out the door as the mods started appearing.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
figgie;1190484 said:
not the Supra. You.

An OEM supra is quite reliable. Hell besides the basic of oil and fluids and the occasional hose replacement. The supra was one of the cheaper cars to maintain. That off course went right out the door as the mods started appearing.

Never had a running supra and never really modded it anyways

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Get your priorities straight....

Obviously the Supra isn't the car for you on your present income.

You need to change one or the other.

Living on 2 minute noodles to support a car is no way to live period.

shenronzero

spitfire
Oct 19, 2007
orlando/ New Smyrna Beach FL
j/k man but do what you need to do

p1190492_1.jpg

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
figgie;1190484 said:
An OEM supra is quite reliable. Hell besides the basic of oil and fluids and the occasional hose replacement. The supra was one of the cheaper cars to maintain.

Especially if you have 90% of the components covered under lifetime warranties from various parts suppliers. :icon_bigg

Send me a PM on the r154 Caleb, I'm very interested in it. Not the car so much since it's an NA, but if you'll give me a good package deal...

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mkiiSupraMan18;1190495 said:
Especially if you have 90% of the components covered under lifetime warranties from various parts suppliers. :icon_bigg

Send me a PM on the r154 Caleb, I'm very interested in it. Not the car so much since it's an NA, but if you'll give me a good package deal...

pm is coming your way in a bit...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Clueless;1190485 said:
Never had a running supra and never really modded it anyways

Then that was the first mistake right there. Never buy anyone elses problem cars. No good will ever come from it. Sell it off and buy a car that gets from point A - B reliably. Looking good, getting thier fast should be of no concern at this time in the game.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
IJ.;1190491 said:
Get your priorities straight....

Obviously the Supra isn't the car for you on your present income.

You need to change one or the other.

Living on 2 minute noodles to support a car is no way to live period.

He may be an old cranky perv, but he knows what's up.

This is why I am driving a 10 year old automatic Honda Civic. I couldn't afford the Supra and all of the things I wanted to do to it.

Are you counting on gas prices fluctuating? They are less than half what they were this spring.
I believe it was 4.09 or 4.19 for regular in AZ. It is 1.69 for regular in NC right now, lower than that in some places. It it unbelievable. I haven't seen prices this low since I first bought my Supra, in mid 2000.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
figgie;1190484 said:
not the Supra. You.

Correct,I think the mk2 even more so than the mk3.I have yet to have a 5MGE run for less than 300k miles with basic maintenance.The only reason my mk3 didn't break 200k is because it had a hose leaking and was badly overheated several times from the lady I bought it from.Sounds to me like you picked up someone else's nightmare which normally doesn't end up good.Besides that,living in Indiana there is typically enough of a winter season to make a bike impractical for at least four months out of the year.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
haha, i sold my other motorcycle and i got a f4i.... comfy for long rides. The 2 minute noodle thing was good until the price went up on them lol. tomato soap and a loaf of bread was cool for a bit....lol.

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
slidebabyslide;1192118 said:
haha, i sold my other motorcycle and i got a f4i.... comfy for long rides. The 2 minute noodle thing was good until the price went up on them lol. tomato soap and a loaf of bread was cool for a bit....lol.

you like the f4i?

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
yeah i like the f4i, comfy ok power 100 hp to crank. get a 520 conversion and that's about it. if you can find them cheap get it. 01 to 03 have the nicer tail section 04-06 have step seat.

slidebabyslide

Starting FRESH !!!!
Dec 17, 2006
salinas,california
oh yeah , let me tell you getting an old motorcycle is worse then getting an old car. It's so hard to find parts for older bikes, people come in to my work all the time and they get mad because they can't get parts for old hondas or kawasakis stuff like that. I recommend fuel injection then carb many reasons. Main reason you don't have to wait for the bike to run and if you travel alot and different elevations you can feel it if you have a carb bike.