Anybody spit up white balls from time to time? (nws)

savannahashlee

I AM A CHICK :)
Jan 15, 2008
PDX (Oregon)
IJ.;1204691 said:
You're NOT meant to swallow the "pearl necklace" then cough it back up ;)

You're a bad one, MR IJ
p1204692_1.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, tonsil stones.

Dentist will tell you they're white blood cells or just stuck food, but they really aren't either, though they contain both.

It's like a pearl, food gets stuck and combines with bacteria from under the tongue and from your sinuses to create them. They're natural to a certain extent.

The crypts are quite deep, if you get a waterpick with the proper attachment you can stick it in the crypts and flush em out. It's when they become stuck int he crypt and keep getting bigger that they get uncomfortable and removing them becomes a pain.

It depends a LOT on the crypts. In my mouth, I only really have crypts on one side. Even if you have your tonsils removed, there is a (very) rare chance to get them. I've heard there is laser treatment to smooth the tonsils to remove the crypts (or make em shallow enough to not be an issue), and it's better than just getting the tonsils removed as they play a part in the immune system (which is probably why the stones happen in the first place).

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I've got my tonsils, and I've never even heard of this, nor have I ever had one of them that I've been aware of.

:runs to the nearest piece of wood... :knock knock knock::

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
shaeff;1204805 said:
I've got my tonsils, and I've never even heard of this, nor have I ever had one of them that I've been aware of.

Take a look back there with a flashlight :evil2:

You might not have deep crypts, or you just might have never gotten a stone to form. You'll be paranoid once you start getting stuff out of them though...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Poodles;1204834 said:
Take a look back there with a flashlight :evil2:

You might not have deep crypts, or you just might have never gotten a stone to form. You'll be paranoid once you start getting stuff out of them though...

I'd really rather not. LOL. In fact, I think I'll run away from this thread and never return!

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
shaeff;1204848 said:
I'd really rather not. LOL. In fact, I think I'll run away from this thread and never return!

yes, this thread is friggin weird and scary and makes baby Jebus cry :cry:

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
shaeff;1204805 said:

i'm with shaeff on this one, still have my tonsils and don't know what the hell is going on in your mouths' but i'm gonna go brush my teeth again for the hell of it.