Another 1jz hesitation issue...

ocerrahyan

Feb 13, 2009
maryland
Ok....FML.
Tank has been drained and dropped for 2 days. I decided while i was down there to change the fuel filter...What a mess. the banjo fitting going to the tank came off easily but the other side of the filter is just STUCK. Its been sitting and soaked with PB blaster for 2 days now and its not budging. I can feel the line weakening as I try to loosen (yes I am turning it the right direction). Its like the SOB is welded on with the power of fucking Thor. Unbelievable.

So yea- im out of ideas and stuck in water. I hate when shit like this happens.

Im on the verge of cutting that SOB out and running without the fuel filter just to diagnose but I know thats not also right. What can i do guys? This filter is fucking stuck and is the only thing holding me back.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
the filter is not very thick, so you could probably cut it into many small pieces with an applicable tool.

Just remember its fuel in there, so the metal-grinder is kinda risky.... so hand tools only.

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I think you should just bypass the stock fuel filter and put in a temporary inline filer. I would hate to see you ruin your motor by letting some debris come in through the fuel system. come back to get the toyota fuel filter sorted once you have the motivation from your car that runs well.