Allans White Supra

rot 90na-t

slowest project ever
Apr 13, 2006
Westminster, CO
Allan_MA70 said:
if you had not guessed it from Ians above post... the block.. she cracked! same place as all Ians pre-new block trials!

from the steam hole to the head bolts!

any one else here ever crack tested a 7m block????

the last bhg na motor i pulled had a narly crack between the coolant journal and the head bolt hole... big time shitty news seen as how it was at the machine shop when i got the call..:nono: o well, i go turbo now, i have fun soon!!!:x:

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Update:
still waiting on my block - apparently soon!

Also started on what will be required to run the ECT(auto-trans) ECU without the ENGINE ECU anymore...

The auto ECU requires the following signals as per page 4 and / or 5 in this PDF:
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h16.pdf

As you can see in the graph L1 and L2 are basic off/on/off settings but L3 will require an off/on/off/on/off setting, this I will get from using two Aux outputs from my ecu and just decoupling them with two diodes.

I cant confirm yet if I can get away with just grounding the ECT ECU inputs as per the direct type TPS or if I will have to recreate the +5v signals the ecu provided.
I hope the ECT ECU inputs are floating and just require logic 0 or 1 (0 volts or +5volts) to register as a valid input as then its just the matter of the above two diodes otherwise it will require use of the below circut I have thought up... and maybe some mods to the TPS to get the required IDL signal

More following testing when the ecu is fitted!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
setings for wolf 3D V4+ toyota ECT ECU control
Version 4.72 firmware required
***yet to be tested***

AUX output 1
set AUX mode 1
set on value to 35%
set off value to 107%

AUX output 2
set AUX mode 1
set on value to 15%
set off value to 65%

AUX output 3
set AUX mode 1
set on value to 7%
set off value to 25%

AUX output 4
set AUX mode 1
set on value to 50%
set off value to 85%

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
Hmmm. Very interested in how this turns out. Allan, that link you provided, does that apply to all Toyota ECT or just a certain date on? I'm wondering if the A43DE is set up the same way. I know the MX-73 had that one for a year or two and then went with the newer A34x from 87 onward (if I recall correctly).

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
mickyg said:
Hmmm. Very interested in how this turns out. Allan, that link you provided, does that apply to all Toyota ECT or just a certain date on? I'm wondering if the A43DE is set up the same way. I know the MX-73 had that one for a year or two and then went with the newer A34x from 87 onward (if I recall correctly).

Have a look if you have a the L1 L2 L3 pins going from your ecu to ECT..

A340LE's are given away because everyone must have a manual! so it would be easy for you to upgrade anyway!

Allan_MA70

Banned
May 1, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
yep ;)

just (almost) finished puting the extractors on my brothers Ford Falcon XR6 tonight... must have a 2nd last weld detector in the MIG as it got to the second last weld and ran out of wire... now all the settings are out grrrrrr had it welding perfectly too :(

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
hehe thats always the way, once ur set up you run out of tips, gas or wire or in exteem cases power.
To help you get the right sizzle have one hand on the wirefeed and one on the trigger, start welding and keep turning the wirefeed speed till you get a nice crackle/hiss.

When I get home I'll have a hunt around for this mystery box your chasing.

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
Allan_MA70 said:
A340LE's are given away because everyone must have a manual! so it would be easy for you to upgrade anyway!

Very true! Just didn't want to deal with the whole "shorten driveshaft" and "change front section of driveshaft" route if I didn't have to. You and Ian have told me on several occasions that it's not hard though. Might have to look into that a bit more...

mickyg

7MGE MX-73
Sep 15, 2005
Melbourne AU
Whoo hoo! They certainly take their time, don't they? I guess that's a good thing though. I've got gaskets for that elbow if you need 'em.

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
are you still after the ecu for the auto?
the last pic is part of what we had for lunch today, Just thought i'd throw it in:icon_surp

Attachments

• PA070018.JPG
    PA070018.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PA070022.JPG
    PA070022.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PA070013.JPG
    PA070013.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 15