Alarm with built in turbo timer

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Koenigturbo;1409599 said:
Someone help a newber out: I dont' know much about timers. Nor do I have one but: Has anyone installed a timer in manual tranny If, so then do you stay with your car untill timer is done or do you leave your car in neutral with parking brake on what do you guys do. Or do I not understand the concept? help me understand.

just leave it in neutral with the parking brake on.. then lock.. and walk away.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
steven89;1409605 said:
just leave it in neutral with the parking brake on.. then lock.. and walk away.

I don't see how anyone could do that I'd be to scared to walk away, with car in neutral my lucky the brake would fail or some dumb ass would bump the car and it's 'bye bye" car. then it would be your fault.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Koenigturbo;1409599 said:
Someone help a newber out: I dont' know much about timers. Nor do I have one but: Has anyone installed a timer in manual tranny If, so then do you stay with your car untill timer is done or do you leave your car in neutral with parking brake on what do you guys do. Or do I not understand the concept? help me understand.

Car stays in neutral with e-brake on. It becomes absolutely critical that your parking brake is in good working order.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
suprarx7nut;1409748 said:
Car stays in neutral with e-brake on. It becomes absolutely critical that your parking brake is in good working order.

I still wouldn't leave it in neutral. How much time do you need for the Turbo to cool down? Besides don;t turbo's have water passages?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^ why not leave in neutral? i never put mine in gear even on hills. my e-brake is adjusted and works perfect.

cool down times detrime how hard you have run the engine. i like the hks auto timer cause it looks at coolant temp and rpm and decides weather or not it needs to run or just turbo off.

from what i have read from when i was choosing what alarm to get is that the top of the line viper is the exact same wiring as the top of the line clifford with just different remotes which you can get the clifford alarm and use the viper remote. only difference is name and price. both top of the line viper is about 700 and clifford 250-300.

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
hvyman;1410093 said:
^ why not leave in neutral? i never put mine in gear even on hills. my e-brake is adjusted and works perfect.

cool down times detrime how hard you have run the engine. i like the hks auto timer cause it looks at coolant temp and rpm and decides weather or not it needs to run or just turbo off.

from what i have read from when i was choosing what alarm to get is that the top of the line viper is the exact same wiring as the top of the line clifford with just different remotes which you can get the clifford alarm and use the viper remote. only difference is name and price. both top of the line viper is about 700 and clifford 250-300.

The HKS looks at coolant temp? I never knew this, i have a HKS Type 1 L.E.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
o maybe its rpm been a while since i read about it. but it has to look at something to determine how much time to run.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I have the Viper 5900. I have two shock sensors, motion sensor, back up battery, tilt sensor hooked up to it. I also have the window mod. I love it. I can roll the windows down when its hot out and start the car when its cold out. It works great on the car. I have no problems. Best But sells it for 500 bucks. but they only do basic installation. I bought mine online for 200 bucks and installed it myself. No problems since. *knock,knock*

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Nghty89;1410150 said:
Hmm, I was just looking at the Viper 5701 today at work. Man, I love employee discounts. $170 installed, FTMFW.

HAHA so where at in VA did you have it installed, and pay so cheaply for it?

Damn, thanks for all the input guys, im calling viper now to see if the 5901 has the turbo timer built in.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Check your local laws before using a turbo timer or remote start. There are places where it is even a criminal offense to leave your car running and unattended for any reason. They've really started cracking down in Denver a couple winters ago.... really sucks too, I love my remote start on cold days. If I'm sitting by the window I'll still use it on the worst days, I can always turn the car off with the touch of a button if a car approaches. ;)

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Oct 28, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
hvyman;1410104 said:
o maybe its rpm been a while since i read about it. but it has to look at something to determine how much time to run.

i have the greddy auto tt and in the auto setting it adjusts the time depending on the rpms also lol. that would be cool if it measure water temp or even egt to adjust lol.

steven89;1411522 said:
Just invested in an alarm.. Got a Zenesis ZN-502. http://www.zenesisalarms.com/zn502.htm
Seems pretty nifty, has all the functions I wanted. Plus a lil keyless entry keypad that works through the windshield. Cant wait to get it installed!

how much did u buy it for? i looked at the site and it looks badass. do u know what u can do with the data port?

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
Clifford and Viper are both owned by the same parent company (DEI), both of them have pretty much the same products.