aftermarket cams in a 1jzgte

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
I had to order a butt load of shims when I did my cams, it was 7 years ago so I do not remember what I used. If I was you I would call up Kurt at Elmhurst Toyota and order through him. They have awesome prices and he is a 1jz / 2jz expert.

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
Took the head off yesterday and rounded the top of a head bolt but I was able to drill it. After I got the head off I decided to try out the toyo tool, and man it is badass. That tool makes life so easy with the valve train.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
scottiedawg66;2029205 said:
I had to order a butt load of shims when I did my cams, it was 7 years ago so I do not remember what I used. If I was you I would call up Kurt at Elmhurst Toyota and order through him. They have awesome prices and he is a 1jz / 2jz expert.

I got lucky and didn't have to change one shim

zac101191

Jan 22, 2014
wheelig
I ended up putting 2jz cams in it. I got a good deal on a set so I couldnt say no. Only waiting for a couple more things then I can put it back in Im so excited!!!!

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
The Brian Crower's are notorious for having the 'timing' pin incorrect on them, even though they tell you just to install them straight up and run them. Tried that, I actually run one of mine a tooth back on the adjustable cam gear now after taking the valve covers back off and degreeing them correctly.