AEM Controlling the trans?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Normally the TPS talks to the ECU and the ECU talks to the ECT that controls the trans, when you go standalone you lose that function so setting up the AUX channels as I posted replicates it so the ECT will function as stock.

MUCH easier to go to a SSv4 or if funds permit a PCS controller.

(you said CPS aka Crank Position Sensor in your post ;) )

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
lol sorry I meant TPS, would wiring it straight to the TPS work then?
What is an SS v4?

Sorry for the dumb questions

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
I would be happy with the transmission functioning as stock. Im have been pretty set on buying an Aem when a deal comes across I just want to know it will work when I get it.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Out of curiosity, what sort of changes can you make to the behaviour of the auto with stock trans ecu by making alterations to the signals sent to it, namely those 3 aux outputs you send to it from the ECU?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
ah OK and I am guessing that would be unilaterally applied to all shift points at the same time, though maybe with the Motec you could do some fancy speed dependant things to get around that.

I'd prob be happy with stock trans ECU if I could adjust the shift points on WOT.

This is all down the track when I get sick of the 154, the older I get the less I want a manual lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Nope WOT settings will be default Toyota.

Personally you can't go past the PCS it's quite easy to set up adjust and a very powerful bit of gear, I have 3 out there now and all work faultlessly.

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
what made you switch from the supra stick to the pcs. Diffrence beteween the 2? also you can adjust lock up with both currect?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Letting the trans ECU control the trans was rhetorical....what you really want is a valve body like from IPT. Raising the shift point is somewhat beneficial, I know. WOT upshifts occur about 5800, and you may have shifted your powerband up.