Alberta
ms07s;1448675 said:
I have had several setups:
Tokico blues with Eibach springs
Monzo RS with RSR race springs
Tokico Blues with RSR race springs
Illumina 2s with RSR race springs
Megan coilovers.

I liked the Tokico blue/Eibach spring combo the best.
The megan coils are nice if you want to track the car but not so much for DD.

Is the only difference between the Tokico blues and Tokico Illumina the TEMS compatibility? Isn't that so you can basically adjust it from inside the car? If so, I think I would just invest in the Illuminas personally.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Mk3Tmoney;1449682 said:
Is the only difference between the Tokico blues and Tokico Illumina the TEMS compatibility? Isn't that so you can basically adjust it from inside the car? If so, I think I would just invest in the Illuminas personally.

If you already have the TEMS set up and want to keep it, yea sure Illumina 2s are what you need. Blues/illuminas and eibach are nice combo for lower but still comfortable. ST Sways made it a nice curve carver.

If you want low and don't really care about comfort get RS*R race springs. I didnt even need a spring compressor to get the top mount on, and they are rated at almost 3x the spring rate of stock IIRC. You could sit on my hood and the car didn't move...

RSR tokico combo pic

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
ms07s;1449681 said:
My ST sway bars did far more for the car than anything else. Strut tower bars worthless for a supra's suspension design.

I might take a look at the Tanabe set up. Front and back. Has anyone tried this set up?

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
ms07s;1449687 said:
If you already have the TEMS set up and want to keep it, yea sure Illumina 2s are what you need. Blues/illuminas and eibach are nice combo for lower but still comfortable. ST Sways made it a nice curve carver.

If you want low and don't really care about comfort get RS*R race springs. I didnt even need a spring compressor to get the top mount on, and they are rated at almost 3x the spring rate of stock IIRC. You could sit on my hood and the car didn't move...

RSR tokico combo pic

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Good to know. Yeah I dont have the TEMS model Supra anyways. Now im leaning towards:

Blues/RS*R with the Tanabe sway set up.

Mk3Tmoney

Apr 7, 2009
Alberta
Heres to anyone else looking in this thread!.. Here's a good website for 'Suspension Combos'. I like the height of the Bilstein shock / Eibach combo.

http://www.935motorsports.com/mk3suprasuspensionreviews.htm

The price for front and back shocks; and the Eibach springs, is around 650.

Now I think I will go with this decision. The Megans are 900. I will probobly get the most out of this set up without busting the bank. Wouldn't you guys agree?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Mk3Tmoney;1449666 said:
What do you mean saying 'custom set'.. Other than the make/model/etc. ??

the bilsteins are a special order piece that are then valved to your specification by the likes of WiiAss, GixxerDrew etc. That is why they are custom.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
figgie;1449262 said:
but the issue is, what are you really adjusting?

Rebound with no dampning? Doubtful as you are going to have cross talk.
And then how much "adjustment" does each click give and what is it really affecting? Is it linear?

Impossible to say without the shock dyno sheets graphing each click.
I'm not so technically informed to that extent, all I can give you is my own results. When I had the Megans setup like I did for when my car was 7m, I had massive amounts of wheelspin in 1st and 2nd with the 1j. So, twisted the knobs on the rear to soften them, and no more wheelspin, unless it's wet out. The roads where I live are shit, so it's not like I get a chance to really push this thing, unfortunately...

Mk3Tmoney;1449678 said:
Does anyone have any ride height pictures of this Tokiko/Eibach-Intrax-H&R Spring set up??
Not exactly perfect pictures for comparison, but my stock lip was BARELY clearing a 5" socket extension. This was on stock 16's.
p1450671_1.jpg

p1450671_2.jpg

Mk3Tmoney;1449712 said:
Now I think I will go with this decision. The Megans are 900. I will probobly get the most out of this set up without busting the bank. Wouldn't you guys agree?
Like I said, I LOVED the stance my car had with the Eibachs, but I really do appreciate the flexibility of the Megans I have on my car. They're not as stiff as my Eibach setup was, which makes it hard for me to run the wheels I have up front, but... I work with it.