Add a little yellow Lancer to the list

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Ahhhhhhhhhh yeah.

So I got done breaking in the new clutch last night and this afternoon and I had to follow my brother over to our mechanic so he could put his car in the shop. So after he dropped off the car he climbs into my Supra and we start headin towards the interstate cause I kind of wanted to run the car through it's gears (for the first real time since I've owned it!) I get around the interstate and this yellow Lancer, which looked like the OZ rally edition but all the badges were scraped off, cuts me off and revs it's engine. This loud ass raspy exhaust was blowin all over my baby and that just wasn't gonna do.

So we're right at the on ramp, it's a one lane on ramp, he slows down to about 15 mph and then he guns it. My brother was like "don't take that shit!" So off we were. He was at the top end of 3rd (you could really hear it thanks to that nasty ass exhaust) and I was just getting into second...then I let off a little, shifted into third and let him pull away some so that I could pass him when I got to speed. I gunned it, passed him at around 55mph and pulled away easily.

That wasn't then end! I slowed down to about 65, and oh boy, here comes this guy doing about 80 and he cuts me off again. I downshift to 4th and put the pedal to the metal and passed him at 100!! Haha, holy crap this car ran solid the entire time. It was the first time I ever got it passed 70 mph :naughty:

=========================================

Cliff notes - Shitty Lancer cut me off then tried to race me up the on ramp for the interstate. I passed his ass, then he cut me off again on the interstate, wanted to race again and I passed his ass for the second time!

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
Yeah I know, I'm usually not one for racing off the track hah, but the interstate was pretty empty at the time and the guy really pissed me off. ::w00t::

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
good kill SupraDerk. Have you ever noticed how the highway is ALWAYS empty when people post about street racing. There's never anyone on the highway when someone races. That just puzzles me...................:rolleyes:

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
suprahero said:
good kill SupraDerk. Have you ever noticed how the highway is ALWAYS empty when people post about street racing. There's never anyone on the highway when someone races. That just puzzles me...................:rolleyes:
well if it wasn't empty its not racing lol just seeing who can weave threw trffice at higher speeds

SupraDerk

The Backseat Flyer
Sep 17, 2005
Tallahassee
lol, I admit there were some cars out that...I said it was PRETTY empty, I was honest :naughty:

I didn't know the specs on the OZ's, I knew Lancer's are pretty crappy, and I know EVO's are pretty ballsy, so I figured the OZ was somewhere in the middle, haha...apparently not. But it was nice making him feel like ass. :biglaugh:

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
Haha... I have an OZ lancer story to add. My gf and I were coming back from Estacada Lake and I purposely drove under 2,500 rpms to save gas. We were driving on a 4 lane two way highway. Well out of nowhere a blonde with her highschool guy and girl friends start tailgating and keep on lining up with me on the right lane. I'm on the left. I slowed down so they could past, but they didn't. I sped up and so did they. Next thing I know my girlfriend tells me, "Hey I think they are laughing at your car." I look over and the blonde driver gives me a thumbs down. :evil2:

I pretend I didn't care and just as we reached an uphill climb I tell my gf, "Hey do you think that car can keep up with me up hill?" She replys, "Probably not, but I don't know how fast that car is." So I slam the gas pedal and hope my IC pipes don't pop out. haha. :naughty:

The girl driving the OZ lancer notices it and guns her gas too, but her car was going nowhere. I can hear the engine redline, but it just was no match for my supra. I was probably 20-30 cars ahead before I slowed down again.

The OZ lancer in a desparate move pulls a ricer fly by. I just ignore them. :biglaugh:

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
you guys have to quit reminding me just how slow those damn lancers are.

...it was bad enough that my buddy's 05 corolla S spanked the pants off it, and my other buddy's N/A Auto supra spanked the pants off the corolla. So what does that say about my lancer?

:cry:

and if i recall the OZ edition has 107Hp....or at least it feels like it, maybe even less than that. Oh well at least I get 40mpg (dunno how, but I'm not complaining)

e90suprat

Mechanically challenged
May 8, 2005
Douglasville, GA
The OZ lancer has the same engine as the base lancer, the only differance is that the oz comes with better wheels, a spoiler, and a few badges, it's slow as hell. The only lancer with any balls is the evo. Posting about smoking an oz is like bragging about beating a saturn....

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
boost PSSH boost said:
Everybody I cruise with refuses to race evo's and sti's, like they're some untouchable god.

It's just a fancy lancer to me. :D

i wish one would race me :-/... i'm gonna race a 380 bhp sti this week end (my buddy's) but all the evo's i've seen were scared... :-/ beats me