Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
ForcedTorque;1282137 said:
Now tell me again Zumtizzle what price has to do with the usefulness of the part received, if it's beat to hell? Do you know of some old school shipping company who still carries each box on a pillow separately? The spoof on shipping that Jim Carey did in one of the Ace Venture movies is almost accurate, as to how your package will be handled. Go spend 20 minutes inside a UPS facility and watch the conveyor system run. Then you will understand why you do need packing material.

A few other points to make about it:

1. If your customer is not happy, they may file a complaint with their credit card company or paypal.

2. If your part is broken in shipment, and you are required to refund, you may be able to recoup your money through a claim with the shipping company. UPS uses a standard excuse of "insufficient Packaging" on almost all first time complaints, hoping that the filer will drop it, and not even dispute their claim. You must refile the claim to ever get any attention. But, no packing in that size of a box with that small of a part will be denied to the end. The claim is the responsibility of the SHIPPER in all cases, so you'd be the one screwed.

3. Your reputation may get dragged thru the mud on here and never be taken seriously for anything else on here again.

4. Your sales of future parts would be paralyzed.

Scott: I'll agree to all four points; But if this CPS is in good working order i think the seller should just pay half of what a CPS cover costs from a toyota parts counter local to Tanner (Rennat) because the seller stated the cover is cracked. But if Tanner conducts tests and the CPS is defective he should be able to send it back and receive a full refund.

Tanner: If you've contacted the seller: <edit sk> I think you should setup a despute using the system here and ask for a full refund (if defective) or ask the seller to pay for half of the cost a cps cover plus ~4&#37; to cover paypal fees.

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I don't even think the seller should not have to pay for the cover at all, since he sold it with a bad top. They are very cheap at the dealer.

BUT, I do think he should be sent a link to this thread, so he can learn a little for next time.

Maybe before a person sells an item, they get linked to this thread or a similar thread with good shipping information in it. You know, kinda like the stolen car pop up. Once a seller reads it once, they don't have to see it again.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
Doward;1282253 said:
Why not contact the seller first before opening the dispute?

John,

I was assuming Tanner made the thread because he contacted the seller, already.

;)

ForcedTorque;1282277 said:
I don't even think the seller should not have to pay for the cover at all, since he sold it with a bad top. They are very cheap at the dealer.

BUT, I do think he should be sent a link to this thread, so he can learn a little for next time.

Maybe before a person sells an item, they get linked to this thread or a similar thread with good shipping information in it. You know, kinda like the stolen car pop up. Once a seller reads it once, they don't have to see it again.

Scott,

Kinda Drastic, and this forum rarely has problems with shipping or sales. (from what i've seen.)

The Honor System works on this forum and Mike is always fair when there's a dispute.

But I hope someone isn't trying to get a free lunch on someones error. :nono:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
LOL, didn't think of that ;)

What I'd do, is contact the seller, and split the difference of a new cap. Only a couple bucks out of the sellar's pocket, but is a great step toward ensuring both parties are satisfied with the transaction :)

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
zum - 36shipped as a matter of fact... LOL

the cps is in superb condition... which is why i didnt care about the "cracked" cover is what he said... i planned on using mine, so the cover isnt really the issue, its just i was so shocked somebody would ship an item like that... especially a cps of all things!

im going to clean it out with some of the electric parts cleaner, and then install it, and make sure the air gaps are correct.

AND:

if you said yes to the poll... whats your reason?

SUPRASTEVE

Supra Maniak
Jun 13, 2007
So Cal
So everyone's CPS is going out. I got mine from a guy here on SM a day ago. His packing was way better it was from the US mail with bubble wrap and everything, that is just a total drag man, that packageing sucks!

-Steve Z

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Packaging is completely inadequate.
Hell, when I shipped out a set of JZA70 motor mounts, I made sure that they would not move in the box at all, and even if someone dropped the packaging off of a 3rd floor window, they would survive unscratched.