Votes: 27 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
So i bought this... paid dirt cheap, but still didnt expect this... what do you think? Obvisouly the covers is worthless... but i have the one from the CPS on my car right now, so im not too worried about that... but its just the moral of it all i guess... its a CPS... not a piece of exhaust tubing... it needs padding, there was NONE... zero... the oil packing was the edges of the box... im just glad it wasnt broken, and the gears were ok... but i do need to clean it out due to some metal flakes being all over the magnets inside for some reason...

p1281653_1.jpg

p1281653_2.jpg

p1281653_3.jpg

p1281653_4.jpg

edit by DT: I removed the image with the addresses on them. Feel free to put it back up when you censor or blur the addresses

Last edited by a moderator:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
If a product doesn't arrive in the condition it was described, you should do something about it.

Among other things, even if you don't suffer any loss from this, the shipper obviously needs to learn something - before he pulls the same stunt shipping something a little more fragile.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
well he said the cover was "cracked"... but i didnt think he meant pieces and chunks...

but yeah, i was a little stunned when i saw the package on the counter like that...

EdT.Mk3

Sorta Secret Supra
Aug 21, 2008
San Diego
Should have at the very least used an old newspaper to pack it down. The golden rule applies to shipping too. :3d_frown:

-Ed.T

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ Seriously. When I received a part from IJ., I'm pretty sure that we could have had an atom bomb dropped on my house, and the part still would have been good to go. :)

deabionni

The Lurker
Sep 16, 2007
Kalkaska, MI
I ordered a AFM + electronics from someone on here last year, but at least mine had a little more packaging in the box then yours did. My package arrived with a rounded off screwdriver banging around inside the box to help cushion any blows. :nono:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Completely unacceptable packaging for an item like that. Even padded with some old newspaper it probably would have come through fine. I'd have the seller buy you a new cover.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Make sure to leave feedback saying he has no comprehension of how to pack an object to be shipped.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Well luckily the cps covers are cheap. That was ridiculous. ForcedTorque and I give each other parts and when I get something from him, I'm usually bitching about how long it takes to unwrap the damn thing. Never again. Thanks Scott!!!

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Funny I should be reading this thread, and of course on my way to reply, and have Ken be the last one to post before me. Thanks for the good words.

I ship for a living, and I see packages come in all the time like that. I want to strangle people for that. It's really simple, if a part/product can move inside of it's packaging, it is highly likely that it will not arrive perfectly. I know the average person does not have much experience in shipping, but common sense will tell you that you need something. I'm sure Summit would not like it if they new their box were associated with shipping like that. It appears he picked that box back out of the garbage to ship your CPS.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I hate packages like that..

When I ship, I usually wrap the item in tissue, or even paper towels, wrap it in news paper, and then put it in a peanut filled box, or if the item is small, I actually tape the item to the side of the box, so it won't move...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Wow, the box looks strong enough, but there was no packaging at all? Ouch. Yeah, I'd probably be asking the seller for a new CPS cover. They are cheap, but that's not cool.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Totaly unacceptable. He could use newspaper, packing peanuts, bubblewrap, or foam blocks for padding. Bubble wrap is cheep and works great for most objects. If its something electronic or has small moving parts it needs at least two layers of protection before entering a box. If it has oil or some other trace fluids it needs some blue shop towels around it as well for absorbtion.

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
LOL @ Tanner.

You probably paid 2 bucks for it. So i'd say it's acceptable.

Now take ten dollars go to the dealer and buy a new CPS cover since you knew you had to buy one, and don't try to pin this on the seller because he stated it was cracked.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Zumtizzle;1282084 said:
LOL @ Tanner.

You probably paid 2 bucks for it. So i'd say it's acceptable.

Now take ten dollars go to the dealer and buy a new CPS cover since you knew you had to buy one, and don't try to pin this on the seller because he stated it was cracked.

gtsfirefighter;1281869 said:
Well luckily the cps covers are cheap. That was ridiculous. ForcedTorque and I give each other parts and when I get something from him, I'm usually bitching about how long it takes to unwrap the damn thing. Never again. Thanks Scott!!!

Now tell me again Zumtizzle what price has to do with the usefulness of the part received, if it's beat to hell? Do you know of some old school shipping company who still carries each box on a pillow separately? The spoof on shipping that Jim Carey did in one of the Ace Venture movies is almost accurate, as to how your package will be handled. Go spend 20 minutes inside a UPS facility and watch the conveyor system run. Then you will understand why you do need packing material.

A few other points to make about it:

1. If your customer is not happy, they may file a complaint with their credit card company or paypal.

2. If your part is broken in shipment, and you are required to refund, you may be able to recoup your money through a claim with the shipping company. UPS uses a standard excuse of "insufficient Packaging" on almost all first time complaints, hoping that the filer will drop it, and not even dispute their claim. You must refile the claim to ever get any attention. But, no packing in that size of a box with that small of a part will be denied to the end. The claim is the responsibility of the SHIPPER in all cases, so you'd be the one screwed.

3. Your reputation may get dragged thru the mud on here and never be taken seriously for anything else on here again.

4. Your sales of future parts would be paralyzed.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
That was the first Ace Ventura movie, at the very beginning. ;)

Contact the Seller. If nothing else, a partial refund would be, I think, in order.