ABS removal help

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Dude i didnt have abs the past 5 monmths and got it fixed recently.... OMG wat a BRAKING difference... U need it man.. Jus work around it and make the abs look good sum how...

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
and for the guy who said arent there a bunch of holes, no, there isnt a bunch of holes. you still have the two lines that go to the wheels, the only difference is that now you dont have 5 lines behind the engine.... and you have two extra connectors.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Not to mention ABS is good in straight line, but ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY when trying to brake and steer hard at the same time.

Personally I like the fact that it's more of a safety net instead of the modern brake system that if you tap the brakes fast will try and put you through the windsheild...

dpack138

Poopra
Oct 30, 2007
Rosamond, CA
ok....so....from what i've heard from a few of you....the MKIII Stock ABS...is actually better than some of the standard issue ABS on newer cars?....is this true?...Like an ABS that only kicks in at the last sec...and doesn't really get in the way of normal day to day back and forth......so how did it get such a bad rep?...maybe we should start a thread called...."Why your MKIII ABS is not "shit"...but in fact "the shit....."

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Modern ABS is 4 channel (each wheel) our ABS is 3 channel (rear wheels are on one channel).

Sample and activation rate is higher on modern cars, but most of the time lack feel since it kicks in too early or tries to interpret your actions.

On true performance cars it's not an issues (Evo is a good example)