....aaaaand Star Trek is now dead.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
^well guess what, that kind of thinking has the potential for it be a HUGE FLOP.

Anyone see the last X Files movie? Chris Carter made it for "the whole world", i.e. meaning people who havent kept up on the series would want to watch it, and be able to get it.

HELLLL NOOOO. That movie sucked donkey balls. and I love me some Mulder & Scully, but I am so irate I wasted my money on that garbage

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
eh? I'm going to go watch the trailer.

To each his/her own. I liked Enterprise better than any other Trek series, with TNG a close second.

It was nice to not see the Federation just blowing away anything whenever a shootout came up (until the Borg show up, anyway)

Enterprise came across (until like season 3 or 4, it's been a while) as 'Guns? We need guns? This is an exploration vessel!'

Always found it odd that an 'exploration' vessel had more firepower than most other faction's 'war' vessels, but that's another topic.

Just my .02 ;)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
mattsplat72;1180660 said:
I haven't seen the "first" three star wars(sic). and I won't because the suck on every single level and I will never even know, because I would rather parrot what every other "hardcore SW fan/nerd" blogs about than to watch them and gather my own educated opinion
Fixed.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Kai;1180504 said:
JJ Abrams has now officially killed Star Trek. At least in my opinion. Judging from the latest Trailer, and the new design for the big E, i've given up on the franchise. Judging by the casual fan reaction so far, it's going to be a flop even before it's released.

They've taken something pure and twisted it into something for the MTV Generation to digest. I'm utterly disgusted with the set and ship designs. designs.

Examples:

This is the abomination they've made:

4919f9fe8b5fc-1.jpg

And this is what it should have looked like:

OrthoSide.jpg

Gene Roddenberry and Matt Jeffries, Gene L. Coon and the rest will be spinning in their graves.

:nono:

wtf? It's pretty much the same ship lol

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
hop on board the Nostromo with me Kai, we'll get the hell outta here (i'm towing some 20 million tons of raw ore, but we'll get there eventually)

nos2_305_-435x330.jpg

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Wills7MGTE;1180793 said:
Go with something decent like Star Wars

It's all geekery, just on different levels. I align with Star Wars as well.

Isn't freedom great?

On a side note, one of the guys at work looked at my Darth Vader coffee mug and said "I thought you were a Libertarian? Shouldn't you have something more like a Yoda mug?"

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
^^ answer: No, he is the one who will bring balance to the force. ;)

Never judge a movie before watching it; thats like judging a book by its cover. I have seen several movies I thought would be great from the trailers and reviews, only to be highly dissapointed. I have also watched trailers and said wow that looks horrible, and watched them and love the films.

Same theory applies to music, food, video games, cars, and everything else in life. How do you KNOW if you never tried it?