92nsx's supra build

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
92nsx;1517045 said:
]It is the gasket that goes to the OEM manifold to the turbo the is KIA at the moment. Drew said he will drop one off, (that is if he finds it, lol) But thank you very much for the offer. Plus Im sure you have one or two of them I need laying around in your garage, too. Depends on how "deep the cleaning" was this past fall in your garage.

Mine wont fit there because I have my fuse box mounted there. The one I ordered can either go in the OEM spot, or also where you have yours mounted. It will just depend on where I think it looks the best, and if I still want to use the OEM low coolant light. But thank you for the pics, It has given me another idea on where to mount the bottle. The one I ordered is 5 3/4" wide 2.5" thick and 6 3/4" deep.

As for fittings I am using Reusable, swivel, -8an hose ends. Made by Summit (Earl's) and Fragola Performance. All were ordered from summitracing.com

Ah, I use Summit fittings and hose as well. I was not aware that Earl's manufactures the Summit brand hose and fittings.

I suppose I should look through your entire build thread...But why did you have to relocate your fuse box?

Also, I assume the aftermarket resevoir you ordered is aluminum? How much was it anyhow?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
SySt;1517083 said:
Ah, I use Summit fittings and hose as well. I was not aware that Earl's manufactures the Summit brand hose and fittings.

I suppose I should look through your entire build thread...But why did you have to relocate your fuse box?

Also, I assume the aftermarket resevoir you ordered is aluminum? How much was it anyhow?

The fuse box had to be twisted 90 degrees from the OEM spot because the manifold was hitting it. This manifold has a 4" plenum! As for the coolant tank / over flow, nope I didn't order a aluminum one. There to" flashy" or "rice" for me. I want it to look as OEM as I can. So the one I ordered is white plastic, like to OEM one.
Here is a pic of it. Even the cap is just like the original (just not black), plus it the black cap fits that comes on a supra I'm going to use it.
p1517849_1.jpg

Well In the last couple days I got a few things done on her. Finished mounting the PS cooler. Had to make a 3/4" thick spacer to bolt up the center.

p1517849_2.jpg

I also was able to replace one of the PS lines for the cooler. I use -6an hose. It was tight but I was able to make it work.

p1517849_3.jpg

Next, I finished up to oil lines to the canton adapter. Here is a pic of what the lines look like with the black fittings. I will finish up running the oil lines once the rest of the hose ends get here. I still need to figure a way to mount the oil cooler.

p1517849_4.jpg

p1517849_5.jpg

p1517849_6.jpg

Then FINALLY I was getting ready to mount up the BOSS and the 1/2" spacer and "SNAP" went one of the studs when I tried to remove them to install the longer ones. So I scrambled to find another manifold and decided not to use the spacer. In the end I don't need it anyways. There is plenty of clearance with out it. AND SHE IS INSTALLED!!! :whoo: I just need to pick up a 90 degree fitting for the nipple to finish up the vac lines for the boost controller. Now I just need to fab up a bracket for the dip stick, and get to the hard ware store and pick up 4 nurs to bolt up the down pipe. There not metric, rather regular :(

p1517849_7.jpg

p1517849_8.jpg

I would take more pics, but the battery's in my camera died. So I will take some more tomorrow.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well last night I had a dream I blew the BOSS turbo because I left a blue shop towel in the exhaust of the turbo. It freaked me out pretty bad so I removed the turbo once I got up. Turned out I did remember to remove it but I had to triple check. So were good now.

This morning I gave Greg a quick call at suprasport and to my surprise he was in the shop cleaning stuff up and answered the phone!! On a sunday!!! I had to ask him what nut size was on the turbo for the down pipe. the stock ones were not right. It turns out there 10 X 1.5M, I also went to the hard ware store and pick up 4 of them so the down pipe is all bolted up now.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I've also been following your progress everyday. Everything is looking good. I like your choice of the black fittings, I wanted them on mine but the red & blue ones were bought in bulk for a real good discount- one way to save a few $$.
Also liked your pics of Hurley w/ the snow mobiles, haven't been there since the 60's, looked like a good time w/ great snow conditions. As I remember, Hurley had a bar on every corner so I bet the beer was cold!
-Fred

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
It's not all bad, Rob. The mani that broke a stud looked to have a nice sized crack in it...
Nice to see the engine becoming whole again

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
leecheater;1518479 said:
Looking good Rob! Spring driving could be as close as 6 weeks, but don't hold your breath.

Yep its just around the corner. We just still have our march snow storm to come then we should be good to go.

toyotanos;1518469 said:
It's not all bad, Rob. The mani that broke a stud looked to have a nice sized crack in it...
Nice to see the engine becoming whole again

I never even noticed that crack!!

SWD Fredester 3;1518339 said:
I've also been following your progress everyday. Everything is looking good. I like your choice of the black fittings, I wanted them on mine but the red & blue ones were bought in bulk for a real good discount- one way to save a few $$.
Also liked your pics of Hurley w/ the snow mobiles, haven't been there since the 60's, looked like a good time w/ great snow conditions. As I remember, Hurley had a bar on every corner so I bet the beer was cold!
-Fred

If I had a good deal on the red & blue fittings I also would have went with them. As for Hurley, yes snow conditions were awesome, only the trail from Saxton to Hurley sucked so we just by passed that trail. You are correct there is a bar on every corner plus several others. For a town of 1800 people, there is at least 15 different bars!!! Yum cold beer.

zambini;1518326 said:

Thank you, it should be fun once the fuel system is done and management system is in place.

emiliorescigno;1518291 said:
Baww poor Rob. I've been reading but not responding...

That turbo looks nice there - you seem to be making quick progress recently.

Whoo! There are people that read my thread.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I've been following your thread ever since the first page man. As stated earlier, you seem to be making fast progress. Can't wait to see some start-up vids with that beasty turbo.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Supra28;1518762 said:
I've been following your thread ever since the first page man. As stated earlier, you seem to be making fast progress. Can't wait to see some start-up vids with that beasty turbo.

Me too!!!. I think I will fire her up this weekend (in the garage) on the OEM air flow meter and injectors, to hear how everything sounds.

And now I see there is plenty of hits so I will continue to update this thread with more pics. I just didn't want to waste my time if no one read this. Thank you all for the support!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well today I was able to mount the oil cooler. Well it's mounted but I dont think the brackets I made look to good, so Im sure some day I will re-do them with something different. Then about 30 min after I come in from the garage, the UPS guy showed up with the last of the hose ends I need to wrap up the oiling system. :( So maybe later tonight I wil go out there again and work on her, other wise there is always tomorrow. "Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow" :rofl:

Well I can update with out some quick pics.

Here are a few more with the turbo installed.

p1519488_1.jpg

p1519488_2.jpg

p1519488_3.jpg

Oil cooler, dah!

p1519488_4.jpg

p1519488_5.jpg

Then a pic of were the last hundo i spent went! They are proud of these fittings. But at least I can finish up the oiling system now.

p1519488_6.jpg

Well that's it for now, Im going over to the neighbors for a couple drinks, then the GF and I are out for taco Tuesday later.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
SURUKO;1519492 said:
Looking great man enjoy ur tacos

Well we chickened out on tacos! Instead we went to the local pub and got some 2 - 4 - 1 beers and some sandwiches. Less driving, :rofl:

IJ.;1519494 said:
Rob: Is the center bracket all that holds it in place?
(cooler)

Nope there is also 2 more under the oil cooler holding it in place. I will get a pic of them when I head out to the garage later toady/this morning.

tomquacky;1519518 said:
who made seat covers and how much i need blue ones

I will have to look back in my thread. IIRC the username was leather seats or something like that. And there not really covers it is new leather. I wish I would have took pic of the process. But I was on a mission that day to get them finished up. Click me for the link where I picked them up from. You just have to let them know what color you want them in.

The best part is they fit GREAT, just like OEM!!!

SySt;1519608 said:
Looks like he has straps going down to the radiator support as well.

Correct. I used 1/8" thick X 3/4" wide aluminum bar stock for the mounts. I was trying to stay away from having to bring them over to my buddies house to weld them up.

And for those who are wondering why I used the hose fittings I did and not pushloc ones is I feel these have a cleaner look to the install.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Looks like you're having fun with oil and power steering lines too :) Build looks awesome! Seems you suffer from the same distraction issues I do, although for me it's motorcycles instead of snowmobiles...

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
dok33;1519978 said:
Looks like you're having fun with oil and power steering lines too :) Build looks awesome! Seems you suffer from the same distraction issues I do, although for me it's motorcycles instead of snowmobiles...

Now thats a proper distraction. None of those inefficient pitiful excuses for vehicles we call snowmobiles.