92nsx's supra build

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob,
I want one of those restrictors for my new Comp turbo as well. Sounds like your fuel set up is getting there. You are right about the external pumps being loud, as you know mine is pretty loud. Sounds like with the AEM and bigger injectors you will be putting down real nice #s.

Dan

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Dan, Greg should have one for your turbo. Im guessing it is included in the price since they are mandatory to run one on CBB turbos.

Yep nice dyno #'s is with in $2.5K away! Now If I could just find a job, it would make things easier to buy ;)

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well the fed ex man just dropped of my 19 row oil cooler, so time to go out to the garage and start figuring out where to install everything.

Wow, this cooler looks like it is going to work perfect. 19 rows of cooling power, with a core size of 11 1/4" X 5 3/4" X 2" thick! Plus -8an fitting built into it. The canton oil filter adapter should be here tomorrow, whoo! Things are starting to shape up again.

p1515056_1.jpg

p1515056_2.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
This afternoon I was able to get the remote oil filter mounted, and the oil thermostat mounted. I have no idea how Im going to mount the cooler yet, in the spot I want it. That is for another day. Im calling it good for today. To much talk on to a couple pics.

p1515312_1.jpg

p1515312_2.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well I got it right the second time around. My Canton oil adapter showed up right on time. So everything is here I need to install the Full Flow, Thermostat Controlled Oil Cooler & Remote Filter, the AFPR, and turbo. Now I just need to motivate my self to go out to the garage. I can finally install this and run the oil lines to and from it, then bolt up this Boss SR. turbo!!!!!! Then it will be time to figure out on how I want to run the hot side of the IC piping
Wow this adapter is also pretty good in size! it is about 2" thick and about 3" around. The center nut head measures in at 1.5"!!!

p1515880_1.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
IJ.;1515882 said:
What header do you have?

OEM ;)

The Boss SR. turbo i pick up has "plug & play" on both exhaust flanges!

Other wise I did have the $130 special T4 manifold but decided to go with one of Greg's turbos after talking with him.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I see where you were going now ;)

And yep canton wasn't afraid of using plenty of alum, when making this piece. It looks to be good for 1,000+ PSI, :rofl:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Very true. Any recommendations for install of it with the o-rings? Just some oil on them and tighten it up? Something else? Nothing, just bolt it up?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Today:! Didn't get much done :(

I was able to mount up the Canton adapter and run only 1 line from it to the remote oil filter. Once I started running the lines I found out I forgot to order 2 - 90 degree fittings for the oil cooler. Plus the straight fittings I ordered for the oil thermostat wont work.

On the bottom of the thermostat they need to be 90 degree fittings and the top I'm not sure yet if they need to be 60 or 90 degree fittings. Also the "out" on the remote oil filter might need to be either a 120 or 150 degree fitting. So that put a damper on plans and just lost interest to work on her today. So some day soon here I need to order MORE fittings,........again. :cry: There goes another hundo.

But I was able to rip out all of the old OEM oil cooler stuff out of the engine bay.

Still on the "To Do / Install List" (of parts I already have here) is:

Install new front lip
Remount the replica turbo A duct
Install the AFPR
Run fuel lines to and from the AFPR
Install BBC fuel pump block off plate (to get rid of the "J" tube)
Plus finish up to oiling system

Like always we need to post some sort of pic.

p1516643_1.jpg

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yay for Rob! The Supra gets some lovin' now!
BTW, great pics- they will certainly help me with my oil system when I get started on it.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Good deal. Im also writing down the hose lengths so if any one else wants to mount stuff in the same spot, I already have the home work done. But so far only one line has been cut and it was 30" long, lol.

If anyone needs 4 straight -8an fitting I have some extra. There not worth paying the shipping cost to return them since they were only $7 each. If anything it is always nice to have spare parts around for "just in case".

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well there went another hundo + this morning. I ordered the last 6 fittings I need to finish the oiling system; 5 - 90 degree and 1 - 150 degree fittings. I also ordered a new universal coolant bottle that should fit where I need it. The only sad thing is that the coolant bottle has to come from over seas. There was no US sellers I could find with what I wanted :cry: .

Have you ever put something in a spot, and told your self "This will be a safe spot so it doesn't get broken or lost, and I will remember it is here" ? Well I did and now I cant find my exhaust gaskets, Ugh.... But a bud has the one I really need and will drop his off today, that is if he can find his, :rofl: This way I can bolt up the "BOSS"

I almost forgot, I also picked up some black speaker box carpet, so I can finally finish up my box.

Just a quick update before I head out to the garage. Don't know why but when I woke up this morning I am was/ am motivated to wrench on the sup.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob,
If your alluding to a T4 manifold gasket. I have one. We won't be installing my turbo until I return from Brazil, in about a month.

Dan

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
92nsx;1517021 said:
Well there went another hundo + this morning. I ordered the last 6 fittings I need to finish the oiling system; 5 - 90 degree and 1 - 150 degree fittings. I also ordered a new universal coolant bottle that should fit where I need it. The only sad thing is that the coolant bottle has to come from over seas. There was no US sellers I could find with what I wanted :cry: .

Have you ever put something in a spot, and told your self "This will be a safe spot so it doesn't get broken or lost, and I will remember it is here" ? Well I did and now I cant find my exhaust gaskets, Ugh.... But a bud has the one I really need and will drop his off today, that is if he can find his, :rofl: This way I can bolt up the "BOSS"

I almost forgot, I also picked up some black speaker box carpet, so I can finally finish up my box.

Just a quick update before I head out to the garage. Don't know why but when I woke up this morning I am was/ am motivated to wrench on the sup.

For what its worth, you can relocate the OEM coolant resevoir in place of the battery (battery relocation required). Not sure where else you are going to want to put that aftermarket resevoir anyways... Must just have money burning a hole in your pocket.

What brand fittings and hose are you using?

Attachments

• DSC01287.jpg
    DSC01287.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01039.jpg
    DSC01039.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 37

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
leecheater;1517025 said:
Rob,
If your alluding to a T4 manifold gasket. I have one. We won't be installing my turbo until I return from Brazil, in about a month.

Dan

]It is the gasket that goes to the OEM manifold to the turbo the is KIA at the moment. Drew said he will drop one off, (that is if he finds it, lol) But thank you very much for the offer. Plus Im sure you have one or two of them I need laying around in your garage, too. Depends on how "deep the cleaning" was this past fall in your garage.

SySt;1517040 said:
For what its worth, you can relocate the OEM coolant resevoir in place of the battery (battery relocation required). Not sure where else you are going to want to put that aftermarket resevoir anyways... Must just have money burning a hole in your pocket.
What brand fittings and hose are you using?

Mine wont fit there because I have my fuse box mounted there. The one I ordered can either go in the OEM spot, or also where you have yours mounted. It will just depend on where I think it looks the best, and if I still want to use the OEM low coolant light. But thank you for the pics, It has given me another idea on where to mount the bottle. The one I ordered is 5 3/4" wide 2.5" thick and 6 3/4" deep.

As for fittings I am using Reusable, swivel, -8an hose ends. Made by Summit (Earl's) and Fragola Performance. All were ordered from summitracing.com

Last edited: