89 Supra n/a DD build

sexy resto. Where did you say that you were getting those fog capsules? I had a pair but now I just have one. The other broke when I was trying to modify in order to get into the fixture.
How did you get those capsules in their anyways.. I was having a bit of trouble. LoL PM me and let me know please or just post a link to a possible write up.
Thanks in advance.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Thanks guys... you can get those capsules from a member on here called RazoE http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?77320-LOTS-of-Lexus-Acura-foglight-capsules...
To get them in the fog it depends what year you have if its a pre 89 you have to open the back of the foglight with some type of flat head then push the capsule in. If its a 89+ you take out the bulb holder and put the capsule inside while putting the ring to hold it in place.. Check the link above there is more info on how to install it and buy it

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I would tint the windows I got Huper Optik Ceramic 25% tint on mine and I love the way it looks also keeps the interior very nice and cool on these 100+ Houston summer days, if only we could tint our windshields it would be even cooler inside lol.
994296_10200205210635149_1104546932_n.jpg

944486_10200288147268513_460085219_n.jpg

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Well its been a while since i updated, I got to do a few little things like replace the 2 square bump stops located on the hatch, Thankfully DM includes new screws, the original ones got stripped cause for some reason Toyota decided to put locktite on the...

Then decided to change up the interior a bit by installing a Jza70 Steering wheel with a NRG short hub and quick release:

Before:

After:

I made a diy if your thinking about doing the same:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...steering-wheel-install-with-NRG-quick-release..

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Thanks guys, i really should stop spending my money on the interior and focus more on the engine hopefully i can get this car swaped with the help of suspectsupra.

Tweet i wont be making it to Bradenton.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Update:
This past Sunday i get a call from Suspectsupra aka Pedro regarding if i was interested in a jdm 2jz engine he had for sale, We basically agreed in a price over the phone and next thing i know the motor was being delivered to my house the next day. I got a aristo 2jz, rear sump(not installed), R154 and jz bellhousing.

Here are some pics of receiving my first 2jz:

The next day i started removing parts to begging preparation for some new parts:

Trying to break loose the crank bolt with my cousin without sucess, had to call Pedro for help :1zhelp:

Cams are dirty so i will be removing them for some cleaning.

A bit of cleaning:

Need to start ordering parts soon. I will be replacing:
-water pump
-oil pump
-Cam seals
-front and rear crank seals
-timing belt
- timing idler pulley
-timing tensioner
-replacing front sump... etc

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Nice build man. I'll be watching to see what you do with the 2J.

mustangmatt98;2002071 said:
what are your plans for the 2j? turbo or staying na?

I'm pretty sure that is a turbo motor already. The ge's have a y-pipe that goes over the valve covers and the gte's have the front facing intake. I could be wrong though.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
Silver MK3;2002074 said:
Nice build man. I'll be watching to see what you do with the 2J.

I'm pretty sure that is a turbo motor already. The ge's have a y-pipe that goes over the valve covers and the gte's have the front facing intake. I could be wrong though.

Thanks, yes you are correct this a 2jz-gte which originally came twin turbo from factory. As far as plans go i will probably go single turbo with a borg warner s360 aka 83-75 or a s362 and possibly using a cast manifold. Plans might change but with that setup ill be fine.

gp-7mgte

Ramrod
May 29, 2005
under my hood
Just went through the whole thread, awesome build. Makes me jealous that I don't have my own garage to work on my car and clean her up. NYC is not car friendly at all. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
gp-7mgte;2002097 said:
Just went through the whole thread, awesome build. Makes me jealous that I don't have my own garage to work on my car and clean her up. NYC is not car friendly at all. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man.. I know man it must suck not having a garage. That white supra you see in the pics belongs to my brother but will be going to NYC in a few months when me and Pedro get finished refreshing the engine and installing a r154 in it. Maybe when its over there you guys can go to meets..

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
More updates:

Started to take the cams off and clean them.

Before and after using diesel fuel and a wire brush:

Packaged for storage:

Before and after cleaning gunk:

Removed the lower pan, baffle and strainer:

The next update will be removing rear seal plate, Oil pump and upper oil pan.

slowma70

May 23, 2011
Orlando,FL
time for a needed update.
Cleaning the oil pan surfaces and prepping for paint:

After some duplicolor high-temp:

Next was cleaning the valve covers and paint prep:

Heres after painting with VHT wrinkle paint: