89 1jz swap

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
qu3tzlgum8y;1630156 said:
I finally got it registered and on the road and after a weekend of driving it stopped smoking so I think I'm ok.

Is there any way to get the factory alarm to work after a 1j swap?? I think the wires for the alarm were on the 7m engine harness..

how did you get it registered in CA?? especially w/ that test pipe? i wanna do my jz swap but was waiting till my smog was up,

pm me

Feb 24, 2006
Los Angeles
Your factory alarm should work. When I did my swap, I don't recall wiring anything specific to the factory alarm and mine still works.
And as far as your smoking issue I had the same problem with deceleration and idling with a quick rev until I replaced my valve stem seals and turbo, they're usually known to give out sooner than you think. Also, I wouldn't recommend using any oil additives as it may do more harm than good.

qu3tzlgum8y

Jan 5, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, California
slidingsidewayz;1672421 said:
Your factory alarm should work. When I did my swap, I don't recall wiring anything specific to the factory alarm and mine still works.
And as far as your smoking issue I had the same problem with deceleration and idling with a quick rev until I replaced my valve stem seals and turbo, they're usually known to give out sooner than you think. Also, I wouldn't recommend using any oil additives as it may do more harm than good.

Yeah, what was really strange is that my alarm took a few weeks for it to start working.. but it works now. Valve stem seals and turbo will be the next step on the engine as soon as I am ahead of my bills.. For now, it doesn't smoke a lot and it runs very very nice so I'm not too worried.