'88 Supra 2JZ-GTE w/ T61 single turbo

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
I'll share as much as I know...

Turbo is the Precision SC6176s - - (oil-sleeve type bearing i think, but don't quote that)

0.81 A/R exhaust housing, oil and water cooled (mine is only hooked up for oil cooling)

The SC "Sport Compact" series uses T3 turbines with T4 compressors. (The 76 turbine wheels can be put into either T3 or T4 turbine housings.) Although i thought the seller told me it was a T4. I don't know for sure what's right on this one, T3 or T4. Its got the V-band coupler for the turbine to downpipe.

As for the "s" at the end... here's what i could find on TheTurboForums.com -
I know this one! Yay for me! The "E" has a smaller inlet(3") and outlet(2") on the compressor housing, the "S" has a bigger inlet(4") and outlet(2.5"), and the "SP" is the same inlet and outlet as the "S" except it's ported. I'm going off of memory on the actual measurements, so they may not be exact. That is the way they go as far as bigger to smaller.

You can see 6176s turbo here: http://www.precisionturbo.net/Wc2a33a0fa1ef3.htm But not much data provided. Probably its good for about 700-725HP range.. and I would guess it really starts to shine best in that 25PSI area.

For me, just a spool to 15psi is incredible and let me tell you I don't find it LAGGY at all. Not in the least. I'm i was used to a car that spooled pretty decent, 18G EJ20 2002 WRX... But with 3liters and this turbo, its hits not only FAST, but hard too.

Everythings relative, so depends what you're used to. I was always happy with it though. GT35R on a 2.5 Liter 1JZ in my new RX7 seems much much more laggy to me. MUCH more. (of course though, 1/2 liter less displacement, roughly similar/same size turbo -- weight advantage helps out though)

Hope this helps... sorry I don't have more detailed info for you.

Water/Alky injection probably all this car needs to REALLY oomph the WHP and get up in the 20+ PSI range so you can make BIG HP #'s. (if you were looking for bigger reliable HP on the cheap w/out a Standalone. Water/Alky injection means your pump gas injectors and fuel system does not have to work much harder to make a disppraportionately larger amt of power)

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
Thx '88

I have enjoyed the car for sure. Basic garage space math says the 3 or the 7 has to go... Its the impossible decision where either way, i am wrong. :cry: , yet lucky still :naughty:

Attachments

• SANY0006..jpg
    SANY0006..jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 1010001622a..jpg
    1010001622a..jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 11