210.1 KB · Views: 79
  • SANY0083..jpg
    SANY0083..jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
Thanks guys! Rims are by ADR. They are 18's, i'm nearly certain its +35mm offset all around, staggered lip i think is 2.5in front / 3 inch rear. I can't remember for sure but i'm almost certain they are 18x9.5 and 18x8.5 (275's and 245's). Car is lowered somewhat, really gives it a nice agressive look i think - handles surprisingly well too :naughty:

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
She begs for a standalone ecu, maybe a FPR.. is all. Dang Aristo JDM ecu is bugger anywhere over 15psi. Seems worthless to even try - and I don't wanna cook 'er before i go with a standalone. Seems like even at 15psi i'm gettin' 12.4 afr's -- i sometimes wonder if the boost gauge is reading low; its a cheapo.

Ah well.. thanks for lookin!

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
northwestsupra;1614472 said:
i have the same rims, 18" ADR m-sports love em, till you curb them lol
So don't curb them silly. ;)
I know -- easier said than done. Approach "everything" that remotely looks like a "lip" in the pavement with the tire at 90 degrees -- this way tire crawls up & over whatever, and rim avoids CURB.

If you are curbing due to tire roll -- then WOW you are a solid driver who likes the twistys and has more ballz than i do. :aigo:

SupraDreamPDR -
all good questions.. firstly - good luck with your swap. I can't take credit for the one in mine. Done by a guy out of Georgia and some well known Motorsports shop down there; i forget the name of the shop. I drove down to South Carolina to buy the car sevearl years back... dude ran out of money after he got the swap in and running.

To me, the hard work was done -- drove it home to Ohio (leaking coolant and all) and started the little stuff. Had help from Russ at Accelerated Performance on a handful of stuff too. (the guys over at AP are awesome!!!)

The injectors are 550cc. I bought them off ebay where the seller swore to me they were 550cc's from an MR2 Turbo, he had 4 of them and showed me where to go to buy the the remainder 2. I ended up doing that in the end; but along the way someone else mentioned this was impossible because the MR2 never had 550cc injectors.

Either way in the end Russ at AP said they were 550cc's from a US Supra -- i got a nice deal on them. The Aristo's are 440cc so you are kinda limited in upping the boost there.

But really no matter almost -- fuel cut is something like 13.x psi for more than 1 or 1.5 seconds. And I really don't think you can get much over 15psi (even with 550cc injectors) when running the Aristo ecu, even with HKS Fuel cut defense to prevent the 13psi fuel cut (engine gets rich because its dumping fuel for 14psi - but factory setting is a VERY rich mixture for 14psi level, so you can eak out a few extra pounds and keep an acceptable afr). But the problem is also you are NOT changing the timing at all... So at say 17psi, 18psi --- you are MAYBE dumping enough fuel, but you are DEF running very aggressive timing that was designed from manufacture to support only 14psi.

Its a risk, albeit somewhat calculated. I won't try to go over 15psi on this Aristo ECU; some folks do try to go to 18psi. Bad Idea is all i have to say if you really want the engine to last a long time. I'm actually parking it for the rest of this season --- I don't want to ruin alot of good work for being impatient..

Next spring will be Standalone or bust for me.

Exhaust is custom 3 inch straight-thru, MagnaFlow muffler (really loud, sorta obnoxious if you're a female; music to my ears though) header i'm not sure on -- can snap some close pics of the layout and provide to you. Its somewhat different than alot of the 2JZ swap's i've seen into MKIII's. The turbo nipple comes up from below and points towards the sky, if that helps. Most peops have turbo nipple point hard to the right (as you stand in front of the engine and look at it) and they hook the piping at 90 degrees towards the front of the car and then over/down from there.

Guess ya gotta see it to get an idea. I'll post some pics soon.

Last edited:

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
Ronald;1614480 said:
...The injectors are 550cc. I bought them off ebay where the seller swore to me they were 550cc's from an MR2 Turbo, he had 4 of them and showed me where to go to buy the the remainder 2. I ended up doing that in the end; but along the way someone else mentioned this was impossible because the MR2 never had 550cc injectors.

Either way in the end Russ at AP said they were 550cc's from a US Supra -- i got a nice deal on them. The Aristo's are 440cc so you are kinda limited in upping the boost there.

But really no matter almost -- fuel cut is something like 13.x psi for more than 1 or 1.5 seconds. And I really don't think you can get much over 15psi (even with 550cc injectors) when running the Aristo ecu, even with HKS Fuel cut defense to prevent the 13psi fuel cut (engine gets rich because its dumping fuel for 14psi - but factory setting is a VERY rich mixture for 14psi level, so you can eak out a few extra pounds and keep an acceptable afr). But the problem is also you are NOT changing the timing at all... So at say 17psi, 18psi --- you are MAYBE dumping enough fuel, but you are DEF running very aggressive timing that was designed from manufacture to support only 14psi.

Its a risk, albeit somewhat calculated. I won't try to go over 15psi on this Aristo ECU; some folks do try to go to 18psi. Bad Idea is all i have to say if you really want the engine to last a long time. I'm actually parking it for the rest of this season --- I don't want to ruin alot of good work for being impatient....

Exhaust is custom 3 inch straight-thru, MagnaFlow muffler (really loud, sorta obnoxious if you're a female; music to my ears though) header i'm not sure on -- can snap some close pics of the layout and provide to you. Its somewhat different than alot of the 2JZ swap's i've seen into MKIII's. The turbo nipple comes up from below and points towards the sky, if that helps. Most peops have turbo nipple point hard to the right (as you stand in front of the engine and look at it) and they hook the piping at 90 degrees towards the front of the car and then over/down from there...

Ron, Good information there. Thanks for that. If you get a chance then please do take some pictures for me.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
89soup;1617144 said:
Where did you get your ADR M Sports at? I heard they were out of production. i want to put them on my supra.

i got mine locally, guy had "purchased" them for his 2008 golf. But i picked them up from him brand new with zexus tires installed for get this.......................................................$250 "i think they are stolen, but im not going to complain" lol guy owns a used tire shop so they most likely are newish. although i know alot of "dirty" tires came in.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Ronald;1614480 said:
So don't curb them silly. ;)
I know -- easier said than done. Approach "everything" that remotely looks like a "lip" in the pavement with the tire at 90 degrees -- this way tire crawls up & over whatever, and rim avoids CURB.

If you are curbing due to tire roll -- then WOW you are a solid driver who likes the twistys and has more ballz than i do. :aigo:

haha no first hit i got was from backing out of a McDonalds parking lot, after that i just said F it, then i curbed it like 2 times drifting, 1 time kinda bent the rim.

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
YIKES!! Yeah drifting can do that to a rim.. somehow the rim doesn't care for the pavement quite the way your tire does ;)

I baby this car a bit much; so no real drifting in its occasional jaunt. Although I do like a spirited highway run if you catch my drift.. So did the late 90's CBR600 i ran with a couple times. :p

I bought the rims nearly 3 yrs ago brand new. No rain or snow for this baby.

I actually have a silly idea if possibly selling this car; trying for a MKIV. But I've worked hard at for awhile now. Hard to decide. Any thoughts what its worth realisticly? $9 or 10 maybe, or is that absurd in this market?

I've dumped $19+ between the car and parts since 3yrs ago, that's after it already had 2J swap and single; but did not look anything like this yet.

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
interior shot.. plans for a stereo head unit in the glove box eventually.. no tunes at the moment though. Is ok, love just the purr of the engine alone. :evil2:

She's got full JDM 2.5RR door-panel inserts front/rear in pristine condition -- this is desirable so a few peops told me ? And as equally bad as the RR panels are good.. of course, cracks in the dash; little custom carpet insert to help with that. :icon_redf

Attachments

• SANY0083..jpg
    SANY0083..jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 28
  • SANY0026..jpg
    SANY0026..jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 24
  • SANY0056..jpg
    SANY0056..jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 23
  • SANY0025..jpg
    SANY0025..jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 28
  • SANY0064..jpg
    SANY0064..jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I really like the black engine bay combo with the red exterior. I would not have guessed that I would but really nice. Super good finishing and color choices overall man. Now let's see it moving! LOL

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
Thanks Flateric!

Yeah the black worked out ok.. Not my first choice but is what it is; and sure better than it was before i started.

I do gotta get some moving vid up.. need to get a couple peops to drive / shoot vid. Maybe this weekend if the weather is decent.

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
VIDEO!!!

Sorry its not the greatest at all.. my vid camera BLOWS! Doesn't record sound too well. I think having the windows open somewhat added alot of 'noise'. And i had to set the camera on a tri-pod cuz had no one to shoot. It kinda wanted to tip over backwards on BOOST. :aigo: (i caught it falling back a couple times) :nono:

Anyways - you get the idea. i'll try to get some better vids soon. I need to learn how to use a video editor too one of these days. Gotta get the license plates out of my walk-around vids.. I deleted several of them due to the plate showing.

Fun car though - if you hear the "beeping" right as i get on it each time -- this is due to "laser" being set off on my radar detector -- me thinks i have a little wiring issue there :icon_evil -- every time i hit it, the laser goes off - - this is defeating the freakin' purpose of a good radar detector Passport X8500.

I love this car!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gtfmiz9I2s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sv_FwvvnQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FofyBCLWiw8

Next round i'll get up on the highway and get some more "open" shots. ;)

Ronald

Oct 16, 2007
Cleveland OH
Howdy to all. Tough for me to decide to do this.. But I'm going to post this car in the for sale thread tomorrow morning, soon as I can get more detailed pics of little nuances and stuff. I feel badly for doin' it; almost like a cheating husband or something.

I'm buying a FD3 -- '93 RX7.... wait for it... with a 1J swap!!! (prices are WAY down on them, and I always thought the exterior/interiors were as nice as a MKIV) ;)

Diet time baby!! Really tough to decide to give up the 2J, and I love the exterior styling of MKIII. However the interior is kinda a drag for me. Dropping ~700lbs i think makes it worth it to me, plus the RX7 has new $4k paint job and badass interior.

Will be listing the MKIII for a REDICULOUS price -- will be cheapest nicest MKIII 2J engine-bay you can buy for the money right now.. check 'er out tomorrow!! Hope to sell before snow flies.

Sorry guys!! I will always love this car! :)