87 na-t

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
Picked this up after my graduation last May, and have been working on getting it running since.

Picked it up for $1,000 with a cracked head, and then paid a buddy of mine to replace the head. He did, and then didn't finish the timing because the security wouldn't disarm. So now I just recently got it in to the shop, and I'm hopin to have it ready to drive here soon. Definitely got a little bit of work on my hands, but it'll definitely be worth it. I want to swap in a true 7M-GTE, and it's already got the R154 transmission in it.

Oh, and here is a video of what happens when I tried to start it : http://youtu.be/YTK6Rad6-zs

But enough of the talk, on to pics! :D

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1805407_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Also, I'm going to be cleaning these up, and they will be for sale. They are Chrome, Stock NA wheels, and are supposed to be fairly rare. The chrome on them is damn near perfect, two of them have small amounts of the chrome peeling around the bend of the stars. So if anybody's interested, feel free to shoot me a PM with an offer :D

p1805407_2.jpg

Last edited:

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
First of all Welcome to Supramania. Second of all nice looking supra and for $1000 no bad at all. I see it already has some goodies in there. Pretty much all you have to do is go through make sure your buddy torqued down the head to , 75 lbs for stock bolts or 85 lbs if you installed arps. Search there is a thread here were it shows you how to align the CPS aka Cam Position Sensor or the car WILL NOT Start :). The SEARCH button is your best friend... Good luck bro keep us updated on the progress.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
Thanks! I have seen the thread on how to time the cps, but I only saw it after I got my car taken in to the shop. But either way the security wasn't letting the car turn over.

But I am trying to sell the body kit that came with it jus so I can have some extra cash towards gettin it fixed lol sucks not having a frickin job lol

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
+1 for ditching that bumper. :)
You can disable the security system by bridging the two wires that lead to the factory hood pin.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
So, I'm supposed to be getting the car back tomorrow, is there anything special I need to do after having it sit for over a year, and after this head change?

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas

I found this, any idea what it's supposed to be ran to?

Can anybody tell me where these harnesses are supposed to go? I noticed them and wasn't sure what to do with them. they're on the drivers side by then engine.

Also, i checked the timing, and it's at 0 at TDC, and I believe the CPS is right, but not sure.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
suprakidd;1842021 said:
what brand i/c is on this bad boy? from the front view it looks like the greddy ffic i had..

I think it's an eBay one, I think it came as a kit, because I can't find a brand on the IC itself, but the IC piping connectors say OZ or O2 Racing, hard to tell.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
LOL.
Those two big green plugs hook to the knock sensors on the block, under the intake manifold.
One is located near the #2 runner, the other is partly hidden by the starter at the rear.

The only way to know that the cps is correct, is to remove it and line up the reference marks on the shaft and housing, then insert it.
And the security system wires under the hood, are located right on the lower part of the latch mechanism in front of the radiator.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
supraguy@aol;1842072 said:
LOL.
Those two big green plugs hook to the knock sensors on the block, under the intake manifold.
One is located near the #2 runner, the other is partly hidden by the starter at the rear.

The only way to know that the cps is correct, is to remove it and line up the reference marks on the shaft and housing, then insert it.
And the security system wires under the hood, are located right on the lower part of the latch mechanism in front of the radiator.

What is the runner, exactly? Sorry, I'm not familiar with all the terms quite yet lol.

Thanks for the info though!

I'll be checking the CPS tomorrow, well that's the plan anyways haha. And alright, cool.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
I finally picked the car up today, July 12. I drove it 30 miles home with no problems, then it started leaking from a loose hose, I tightened that and put some generic coolant in, and it's been overheating. I also changed the oil, but couldn't get the filter, so I'm picking up an extension for the oil filter and changing the oil again tomorrow after work. I was told that the thermostat is the reason it's overheating, and I was going to try and replace that after work too. I'm hoping I don't have any problems getting to and from work, it's a 30 mile drive. Any suggestions? I'm takin a bottle of coolant with me for the ride.

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
If the thermostat is stuck closed, might as well just quickly take off the water neck and remove the thermostat all together until you can put the new one in. 30 miles both ways can do a number on an engine/head with no coolant.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
i drove it about 8 miles, saw the temp gauge get to the red, and pulled over, called my gramps and then found out I don't work today, so I'm going to get a new thermostat and hopefully that'll fix my problem. Is the thermostat replacement a difficult job? I'm pretty good when it comes to stuff like this, but haven't ever done it before so I'm always worried I'm going to mess up on something small that most people would think about and mess it all up lmao

Numba1Stuna

Apr 18, 2012
Nampa, ID
Super easy and accessible. Take off the water neck(pictured), and it's right there.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342195639990.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342195639990.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 16

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
Fawkin A. I went to get it and bring it home, get like half a mile away from my house and it starts gettin hot so I turn it off, pull over, and leave the heater on (which is blowing room temp air, btw) and let it sit until the temp gauge goes down to about 1/4 up, go to start it, and it won't start. It'll turn over for a second then die. I try to give it gas and it doesn't help. What did I just fuck up?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
pull the plugs and check for coolant. water/coolant is a non-compressable liquid. it also doesn't burn off very well if there's a lot of it. I didn't see you specify what type of head gasket you have on there.