7MGE-T won't start

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
KTM530;1844336 said:
code 11 suggest u have a power problem. thou it is momentary, it still is a power problem.
it could be momintary at times and then just no power at others. bottom line is u need to solve this before continuing.
did u find the grounding spot on the intake?
Yeah, I did. I pulled the wires and tried to make sure it was clean and bolted it back down again. There's two bolts that seem like they're grounds, one has 2 white /black wires and the other has 3 brown wires, so I tried both lol.

KTM530;1844337 said:
if it gives u a warm and fuzzy, then adjust ur cps too.
ok re read your thread, did u check that the cam sprockets are installed properley on the cams? "center hole on both"
u sure you found a way around the theft system problem? dont assume anything, check u got spark again.

I adjusted the cps, so it's on according to the cps timing guide here on the site.
I did what I had read worked on another thread, grounded out the blue/orange wire and unplugging the harness from the theft deterrent computer.
I'll double check the cam gears, what do u mean center hole on both? that's where my bolt should be or what?

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
if u look at the cam gears u will see 3 holes, and a pin that extrudes from the ends on either camshaft.
pin in center hole is what u need to have.

Edit: also if u adjusted the CPS before fixing any cam gear orientation " if there was a problem", it will need to be done again.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
thenderson2011;1844494 said:
Okay. It looks like they're in the right spot, would I need to loosen the bolt in order to make sure though?
not sure if your picking up what i am laying down.
if u can physically see the camshaft pins in the center hole of the cam gear, then there is no need to loosen anything.
3 holes, CENTER hole needs to be filled with the camshaft pin. so if you can see 2 holes on the right or 2 holes on the left, its not installed correctley. you should see one hole on the left and right respectivley on each cam gear.
are you following?

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
KTM530;1844628 said:
not sure if your picking up what i am laying down.
if u can physically see the camshaft pins in the center hole of the cam gear, then there is no need to loosen anything.
3 holes, CENTER hole needs to be filled with the camshaft pin. so if you can see 2 holes on the right or 2 holes on the left, its not installed correctley. you should see one hole on the left and right respectivley on each cam gear.
are you following?

I "think" I can see the pins but it's hard to tell because of the bolt being in front of where I think the holes are. But yes I understand that the pins need to be in the middle of the three holes lol.

Nick M;1844617 said:
And no spark, no injection. no start....
But I'm getting spark and injection, so would that be my problem still?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
thenderson2011;1845029 said:
But I'm getting spark and injection, so would that be my problem still?

How did you check injection opening? So I take it you do have ECU power, and the check engine light does turn on. If you really have those things, the only other thing you don't have is engine timing, or injection/spark timing.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
I didn't check the injection opening, but I know I'm getting some injection from backfires and you can smell it when I check the spark plugs.

The check engine light comes on when I jump the terminals to get the codes, that's how I got the code 11. I'm getting my engine timing looked at because it's either right or I'm just completely wrong thinking about it.

how would I check my injection and spark timing?

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Its been a while, but I recall the bolt and washer cover the holes, so checking isn't so easy.

If you have spark and injection then your ecu has power and your CPS is functioning. I would stop focusing on the ECU and look elsewhere.

thenderson2011

Feb 11, 2012
Caney, Kansas
jetjock;1845069 said:
It should be obvious his code 11 is not responsible for the no start. What is very likely responsible should be as just obvious.
So what do you think it is? Timing maybe?

3p141592654;1845081 said:
Its been a while, but I recall the bolt and washer cover the holes, so checking isn't so easy.

If you have spark and injection then your ecu has power and your CPS is functioning. I would stop focusing on the ECU and look elsewhere.

Okay thanks. I am going to have a mechanic look at it and tell me what he thinks, because I just can't figure it out :'( lol