7m stroker kit?

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
^ I think the concern is more with the speeds at which the piston / rods have to move to achieve the same RPM's as before. With a longer stroke, the assembly has to travel farther and faster for each stroke, so this will limit how high you can safely rev it

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ps the stroker kits make the rod 6 inches in length instead of the 5.8 inches for stock.

also i was joking with my stroker comment as i have had one for about two years. Same kit adjuster has. 8500 rpm redline without issues or failures. ;)

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
figgie said:
ps the stroker kits make the rod 6 inches in length instead of the 5.8 inches for stock.

also i was joking with my stroker comment as i have had one for about two years. Same kit adjuster has. 8500 rpm redline without issues or failures. ;)

Really? Is the pin moved up in the piston? Otherwise I don't see how that would be possible? When you increase the stroke the rod would need to be shorter.

But the differences we are talking about here are relatively small, it's not going to make a huge difference either way in terms of reliability. I hear some drag engines have a ratio of 1.5!

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
Aaron is working on de-stroking a 7m and has a build thread for it. I am finishing up a +6mm stroke kit for the 7m which will be avaliable very soon. Stock rod lenght, custom CP pistons. You can also de-stroke your 6m or 7m crank, but that will cost more than the method Aaron is using.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
I just ordered the Eagle rods for my project from suprarich, if you are going to stroke your 7m I would deffinately go with his kit. He has so much experience with the 7m and he supports the supra comunity on SM.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
bigaaron said:
Really? Is the pin moved up in the piston? Otherwise I don't see how that would be possible? When you increase the stroke the rod would need to be shorter.

But the differences we are talking about here are relatively small, it's not going to make a huge difference either way in terms of reliability. I hear some drag engines have a ratio of 1.5!

yes

I would have to get the information on the custom ross pistons. I know the pin was higher than stock.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
tekdeus said:
Their ad says "That's a 115cc+ increase for Turbo motors!"

$3000 for 115cc? No thanks.

apparently you haven't seen what Titan, HKS charge for the 2jz stoker kit ;) 3k is CHEAP by comparo. And with our stroke. those .2 liter extra is night and day diff on off the line take off. Hell with the stock gearing (3.9 or 3.7) 1st and 2nd become worthless. With 4.1 three gears become nothing more than a worthless smoke show!!!

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
figgie said:
apparently you haven't seen what Titan, HKS charge for the 2jz stoker kit ;) 3k is CHEAP by comparo. And with our stroke. those .2 liter extra is night and day diff on off the line take off. Hell with the stock gearing (3.9 or 3.7) 1st and 2nd become worthless. With 4.1 three gears become nothing more than a worthless smoke show!!!

Let me make sure I understand... You're saying that .115 liters is a big deal? That doesn't seem right to me. Granted, I haven't tried it, so my opinion is based simply on gut feeling, but how much HP/TQ can we really expect to gain from such a small increase? I wouldn't think it to be much.

Anyone care to throw some numbers up and call me a moron? I'd love to be wrong about this!