7m runnin twins?

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
So i got a BHG this summer and havent driven the car since but pretty soon im gonna start building it once i get more room in my garage. Now the comes the part...decisions decisions decisions and ive been very curious if there's anyone on the forum that has done twins on a 7m in a MK3. Now comes my question does it work ? can you fit twins in a MK3 with a 7m? and also does anyone on the forum have this setup that could mabye post pics? thanks!

::bhg:::bigthumb:

ihiryu

Jul 12, 2008
TX
I've also been thinking this idea but with a 2jzge. I think it can be done with some good welding... Give it shot, you might even break the mold!

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
mazzer;1133684 said:
you can do anything with time and money.

and this isn't the first thread about it..

yes i no but were can i find a manifold or kit to do this? Or has everyone just made custom setups

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
ERA;1133830 said:
Waste of time, money, and elephants.

why do you say that ? the only reason i want to do this to a 7m is because its not something you see everyday and i think it would be nice having a 3.0 twin turbo without spending "money and elephants" on a 2jz. But dont get me wrong having a 2j would be legit.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
Effet (I think thats his screen name) has made a twin turbo 7M take a look in his build thread. Like IJ said its a waste of your time and money, GT3540R + E85 + 24psi = 500+rwhp of goodness

Twin turbo 7M

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
kwnate;1133994 said:
7m's can't handle twins thats why the factory put one on it. JZ's can handle them though.

lol

I was about to put my nice shiney boots on and then saw that it was you (nate) posting that ;)

Indy_mk3

It is not new and has been done several times already.

remember

K.I.S.S!

Keep It Simple Stupid!

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I think the bottom line here is:

It's more of a hassle and less of a result fitting a 7mgte with twins than just swapping in a 2jz which comes with twins. Pretty sound logic unless you own an machine shop and need/want a challenge.

indy_mk3

boost-creep
Oct 15, 2007
kelowna
suprabad;1134750 said:
I think the bottom line here is:

It's more of a hassle and less of a result fitting a 7mgte with twins than just swapping in a 2jz which comes with twins. Pretty sound logic unless you own an machine shop and need/want a challenge.

true enough but a 2j would cost a pretty penny with a 5 speed and ecu, but i think im going to be going 1jz so i wanted to ask all you 1j guys how is it? anybody out there have the .57 ct26 on there's? If so any dyno numbers??

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
^you're getting into territory where you can easily search. Majority of input here is its a waste of time and money. Then you talk of doing a 2J, now you mention just a 57trim ct...thats an entirely different world of difficulty and costs

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
There is a decent manifold on ebay right now to fit twin turbo on a 7m-gte motor check it out just type Supra manifold and look you'll find it, good luck.

$0.02