7m mk3 supra vs is300 turbo

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
ok so me and a buddy have decided that we are going to run our cars from a 40 roll in about 2 weeks. i have a 88 mk3 with built 7m, 57 trim ct26 on aem ems, 18psi, 5spd. stage 3 clutch, 3.73 diff. all supporting mods, 1000cc injectors, 93 pump gas, good tires should hook dead in 2nd. car is getting dyno tuned and dyno'd in a week or so and i am hoping to put around 420whp and 420+wtq at 18 psi. my buddy has an is300 stock 2j motor with a precision 6262 .68 a/r, older haltech ems, supporting mods, 720cc injectors, 20 psi, v160 6spd. swap with stock is300 diff. 3.73, 93 pump gas, revving to 6500 rpm on stock wheels and tires he put down 450whp and 410wtq had wastegate issues also the cars clutch is acting weird. he says he can kill me but i beg to differ considering ill be hooking and he will not be, we both will be revving to 6500-7k rpm, his 3.73 diff. and v160 are not a good combo, and ill be making more torque. what do you guys think? think i have a chance? i think it will be a good race to be honest! let me know what you guys think and i shall be posting my dyno numbers when i dyno in a week or so!

ohiosupramst

Aug 31, 2009
Cincinnati
I say your car cause I know both cars and even though his car puts down good numbers he just has 215 dry rotted tires unless he got new tires so your car will win but is not really faster it will just put the power down better

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
I agree man I know his car is Def. Faster he has a bigger turbo, 2j is pretty stout, and on almost the same boost as me he is making much more power. The reason he put down 450whp is because he has issues with his wastegate it should have done 500whp or a little more even on pump! Im excited to see the outcome I usually don't race but we are friends and are gonna see what our cars do for fun. His tires are stock 215s and also he has a slipping clutch but he says he still wants to run lol so we shall see!

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
thanks man! yea i know if his car had tires or any other mods/boost it would be another story haha but i think i will give him a run for his money :) but honestly his 3.7 gearing with the v160 6spd. is horrible he is at 4800 rpm in 2nd at 40 where as i am at 4000 rpm and with my tires im putting on should hook 2nd and there on. i will post a dyno on what i make in a week or so im hoping big numbers for a 57 trim with a good tune shouldn't be hard! im not going any higher than 18 psi i want my ct26 to live a little while haha but 420whp is the goal should do 440-450wtq at this level and will be a very fun street car! also he is revving to only 6500 rpm and i am revving to 6500-7000 rpm

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
when it goes down ill try and get a video. i don't have access to a good video recorder though so not sure on how good the quality will be.

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
i wanted to but i dont know if ill be able to :( work is rough, about to start school at UNOH as well, i do want to get my car done and dyno'd very soon though! when it comes back ill re touch up my satin black finish i did to it and have plans april 28th so i need her back asap. let me know how the car does man! ill be dynoing after you and mike ( black car) do

Iscool

Aug 8, 2011
Dayton
Oh btw she made more torque and has bigger injectors than that. She also has a shot clutch but after I get the new clutch and tires I will gladly run you ;)

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
not from what you told me but ok lol new plans with the car might be putting me at much higher power and a different motor than im on right now so we shall see. but like i said im glad to run as well with my current setup

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
little update my car just got street tuned i am still waiting to dyno tune though :/ will probably be another few weeks and ill be ready :) my buddy in the is300 is supposed to get his clutch fixed soon so that's good! stay tuned if we still run for fun

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Gotta love threads like these. It damn nearly takes the planets to align before the race materializes.

I have a friend with a 1995 Impala SS & a C6 Vette. He found out that my MKIII runs low 13's down the strip. He wants to put his SS up against my MKIII. I'm gunnin after his C6 which is faster than the SS. But first I want to raise to the boost and tune for it. So I have a race with his C6 pending my car being tuned, but I'm not going to create a thread about it and get everybody excited. What if this race never happens? When I'm ready to post about this race it's going to be after it has happened, and hopefully have vids of it. What's the point of making threads like this and having us "tune in" for weeks, or months.... if this race will ever happens.

These kinds of thread remind me of the "What will my car do against XXX car?" Basically this is what it is until the race happens.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
^^ I had made one of these threads 7m vs 1j I'm sure you remember.

But it had a set date and info along the way plus it was good fun seeing the predictions on the outcome

88mk3supra

7M DEMON
May 23, 2009
Clayton,Ohio
sorry guys still have not got the damn dyno tune :( waiting on my tuner thats all i can do.. it should have been a long time ago but i can assure you its going to go down as soon as i get the tune and tires :) im going to go have some fun with this setup! "never said my car is faster and can beat the is300" he has a bigger turbo, 2j, ect. but i will be hooking all of my power in 2nd with the right tires and it should be a good race! also need a good camera tired of seeing races with all these shitty cell phone quality haha people need to see a clear clean race!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Suprapowaz!(2);1838151 said:
Gotta love threads like these. It damn nearly takes the planets to align before the race materializes.

I have a friend with a 1995 Impala SS & a C6 Vette. He found out that my MKIII runs low 13's down the strip. He wants to put his SS up against my MKIII. I'm gunnin after his C6 which is faster than the SS. But first I want to raise to the boost and tune for it. So I have a race with his C6 pending my car being tuned, but I'm not going to create a thread about it and get everybody excited. What if this race never happens? When I'm ready to post about this race it's going to be after it has happened, and hopefully have vids of it. What's the point of making threads like this and having us "tune in" for weeks, or months.... if this race will ever happens.

These kinds of thread remind me of the "What will my car do against XXX car?" Basically this is what it is until the race happens.
I thought this is why we don't do those kinds of threads on here? It's certainly why I stopped posting in them...