7m billet 6265 qsv e85 aem at the dyno this thursday.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I know that its moving as to how much is undetermined because you can't see the inside. We put a camera by it while it was on the dyno and it is moving.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Can you post dyno sheet & any vids of the qsv moving? It should move at least a quarter turn to allow the valve to open 90* right?

[video=youtube;_KNLKVgg8po]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KNLKVgg8po[/video]

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
I don't have a dyno sheet available or the video. The torque curve starts around 3k and starts to drop off and go flat around 5k. The power curve same and starts to fall off around 5500. I know that the quick spool starts to open around 5.5psi and is fully open at 9psi. The power was really starting struggle with increasing right around when the qsv should of been fully open. But there was no real dip in the power curve. Really weird.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
It could be something else not sure. This was just the first thing that came to mind. I think we are going remove the qsv completely to verify if that was the problem

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
to me seam like some thing els with only one port open or some what open your car's power band would fall really quick

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Just look at the QSV when you are on the dyno. When the desired boost level is reached, the solenoid should be activated to ope have pressure reach the actuator to open the valve.

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
If the turbo was able to make it to 20psi, I have my doubts that it's the QSV. EGT would likely register abnormally high if the QSV wasn't working properly.

I'd be looking into boost leaks (couplers, BOV, etc.).

ncv6coupe

Jul 24, 2011
ATL, GA
Boost steady or declining? Wastegate stuck open even though its brand new? What's your AF ratios? Did they not give you a hard copy of your run at all? E-mail you the logs? You spent money on that session I would think they would trouble shoot a little with you just knowing how capable that turbo is. Dude you need a camera phone :)

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
With a QSV you need to check the clearance of the valve. The manifold and turbo exhaust flange sometimes need to be clearance to make sure the QSV actually opens fully.

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Well finally got everything figured out. The car put down 530hp 503tq at 19psi on e85. We ended up running out of fuel with the injectors I had (precision 1000cc). I thought it would of been enough but I think since it was converted over to sequential injection it played a role. Took it to the track and on sumitomo 275/40/17 htrz-III I ran a 12.5 at 115mph with 1.8 60ft with a built r-154. No launch control, two step just rev and go. Thinking about throwing some mickey thompson drag radials on this baby and running it at the street life tour (king of the streets) at kilkare speedway in Xenia, Ohio next weekend. I think with a little more practice, drag radials, and a few more tweaks I can make it into the 11's easy. The crazy thing is that this car is hooking with just street tires. Stomp it at 20mph in first gear and no spinning. Go through the gears with the pedal to the floor you might get a little chirp.

Last edited:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
leftynridge;1873287 said:
Well finally got everything figured out. The car put down 530hp 503tq at 19psi on e85. We ended up running out of fuel with the injectors I had (precision 1000cc). I thought it would of been enough but I think since it was converted over to sequential injection it played a role. Took it to the track and on sumitomo 275/40/17 htrz-III I ran a 12.5 at 115mph with 1.8 60ft with a built r-154. No launch control, two step just rev and go. Thinking about throwing some mickey thompson drag radials on this baby and running it at the street life tour (king of the streets) at kilkare speedway in Xenia, Ohio next weekend. I think with a little more practice, drag radials, and a few more tweaks I can make it into the 11's easy. The crazy thing is that this car is hooking with just street tires. Stomp it at 20mph in first gear and no spinning. Go through the gears with the pedal to the floor you might get a little chirp.

Great numbers and congrats!

As for Kilkare Speedway this weekend, do you plan on going on Friday or Saturday? I checked their site and it says it's a two day event...I'd like to see this car on the track.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Some one has A.D.D..... What was the problem?? I am going to guess it was in the tune, Timing wasn't Sync, What's your base fuel pressure??? YOu ran outta fuel at 500hp??? it should had been around the 650-725hp range...

THMotorsports

Jostar;1878114 said:
Some one has A.D.D..... What was the problem?? I am going to guess it was in the tune, Timing wasn't Sync, What's your base fuel pressure??? YOu ran outta fuel at 500hp??? it should had been around the 650-725hp range...

Come on Art... not everyone has a 1JZ to make power! LoL....

To the OP... nice numbers but help us out with a nice scan of the dyno graph so we can see what your motor did. A graph of whp vs rpm + boost at the bottom is best.