7m billet 6265 qsv e85 aem at the dyno this thursday.

Notsafe1jz

Aug 16, 2012
Ohio
leftynridge;1873287 said:
Well finally got everything figured out. The car put down 530hp 503tq at 19psi on e85. We ended up running out of fuel with the injectors I had (precision 1000cc). I thought it would of been enough but I think since it was converted over to sequential injection it played a role. Took it to the track and on sumitomo 275/40/17 htrz-III I ran a 12.5 at 115mph with 1.8 60ft with a built r-154. No launch control, two step just rev and go. Thinking about throwing some mickey thompson drag radials on this baby and running it at the street life tour (king of the streets) at kilkare speedway in Xenia, Ohio next weekend. I think with a little more practice, drag radials, and a few more tweaks I can make it into the 11's easy. The crazy thing is that this car is hooking with just street tires. Stomp it at 20mph in first gear and no spinning. Go through the gears with the pedal to the floor you might get a little chirp.

1.8 60 footer really isn't too bad for a RWD car on street tires. I'm kind of surprised by your trap speed though. At that kind of power levels you should trap well over 120 mph.

115 mph is an 11 second trap if you get out in a 1.7 60 footer and gear change like a pissed off teenager.

My car(400 wheelish) doesn't put down tire either unless I clutch kick instigate it. I'm assuming your car most likely has a LSD rear end in working condition and with the size of that turbo(regardless of the quick spool valve), weight transfer/load has enough time to provide ample traction.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Notsafe1jz;1878149 said:
1.8 60 footer really isn't too bad for a RWD car on street tires. I'm kind of surprised by your trap speed though. At that kind of power levels you should trap well over 120 mph.

115 mph is an 11 second trap if you get out in a 1.7 60 footer and gear change like a pissed off teenager.

My car(400 wheelish) doesn't put down tire either unless I clutch kick instigate it. I'm assuming your car most likely has a LSD rear end in working condition and with the size of that turbo(regardless of the quick spool valve), weight transfer/load has enough time to provide ample traction.

+1 The torque Curve helps you with traction you should be happy and not worry :)

leftynridge

Aug 30, 2009
dayton, ohio
Jostar;1879595 said:
You still did not answer my question buddy..

sorry for those who have asked me the same question with no answer. but the problem was the qsv. I'm thinking it was getting stuck while opening which is why it put down such crappy numbers the first time. I was told it was causing back pressure. Didn't really give it time to Test the theory. we took it off and problem solved. at that point I just wanted to drive it.

as for the fuel problem. I have been told switching from batch fire to sequencial injection is the issue. going from spraying once per engine duty cycle to two is causing me to run out of fuel.

bfr1992t

The quiet one
Oct 29, 2005
Ohio
leftynridge;1880066 said:
sorry for those who have asked me the same question with no answer. but the problem was the qsv. I'm thinking it was getting stuck while opening which is why it put down such crappy numbers the first time. I was told it was causing back pressure. Didn't really give it time to Test the theory. we took it off and problem solved. at that point I just wanted to drive it.

as for the fuel problem. I have been told switching from batch fire to sequencial injection is the issue. going from spraying once per engine duty cycle to two is causing me to run out of fuel.

Sounds like a tuning problem. Batch fire would technically have slightly less time to inject fuel per engine cycle (two revolutions) as there would be less fuel spraying while the injector is closing and opening, time for the solenoid field to build (deadtime), etc. So to get the maximum amount of flow out of your injectors you would want to set them up as sequential. This works perfectly fine on the AEM EMS v1.

mark1987supra

work in progress
May 26, 2008
Des Moines
Sorry to revive an old thread. Depending on the setup it can be. With a shot clutch last year a shot lsd I was putting down 12.xx 1/4's, @ 120+ mph, with a 2.+ 60 ft. that was also on megan track series coils, 26" Nitto 555R's, and stock drivetrain besides(ie. trans, driveshaft, lsd.) Needles to say it was a joke.

Overpowering the clutch @ 612whp, and a one wheel tire fire.

MK3Hitman21

Mar 5, 2011
CALIFORNIA
Booo went thru this whole thread no pics or video guy full of crap. No pics or video it didn't happen. How you do these things with no evidence?? Knowing you started the thread and ppl Gona want to see results.