750+ whp dyno video and a public service announcement.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
X-man;1023636 said:
Driveability and tuneability with 1000 cc injectors is a "day and night" difference. No more bubbling and ranging at idle. It is like hooking a vpc up and not putting the s-afc between it and the stock ecu.

Sean
Its nice to know this... Not too many people run 1000cc injectors... I'm running them, well, Im not running yet, but I have them in my motor, and if there is any way you can help me wire them up sequential, that would be great... Thank you sir...

IJ: what's Tefzal wire?

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
X-man;1022929 said:
I'll see what I can do about making it to the meet. I might try to setup a dyno weekend here soon for whoever wants to show up.

Sean

HELL YES, set it up ill be there fa shaw!!!!!!!!!!

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Reign_Maker;1023970 said:
and if there is any way you can help me wire them up sequential, that would be great... Thank you sir...

I vote for a write up as well, even if is a private one, lol, you can PM both of us :icon_bigg, The actual modification of the harness itself does not seem complicated (basically now need 6 separate injector wires to each injector driver pin on the harness, (i think)) I'm thinking it gets complicated when it's time to decide which # injector harness goes where in the AEM etc, and how does one implement the injector resistor box etc, or do you get rid of the resistor box and go high impedence? Finally what determines the injector sequence, (1-6-2-5 etc? i'm just throwing numbers here)

Thanks

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Reign_Maker;1023970 said:
Its nice to know this... Not too many people run 1000cc injectors... I'm running them, well, Im not running yet, but I have them in my motor, and if there is any way you can help me wire them up sequential, that would be great... Thank you sir...

IJ: what's Tefzal wire?

Figgie put a post up about it in the Standalone section it's really high quality wire that can carry a huge amount of current in a very small size :)

chevyeater

wastegate hose is pulled
Mar 30, 2005
Long Island, NY
Nice work again X-man. Why did you decide to stop there?

Regarding the 1000cc injectors, they work fine in batch mode. It doesn't exactly idle like a Lexus but, most of us have scrapped the idle quality already with cams / solid mounts /whatever in the search for more powah...

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
thats awsome man, I set some goals with my supra as well. 420whp was my goal and i was hoping to do that on a 60-1trim turbo. 365 is what i have gotten to so far so i guess im still working on it. even though its for sale Lol

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
chevyeater;1024394 said:
Nice work again X-man. Why did you decide to stop there?

Regarding the 1000cc injectors, they work fine in batch mode. It doesn't exactly idle like a Lexus but, most of us have scrapped the idle quality already with cams / solid mounts /whatever in the search for more powah...

I was only running 110 octane fuel and running low at that. I made 19 pulls that evening and we had completely redone the fuel map once so I at 11:30 P.M. I said enough. My goal was 731 rwhp to beat Will Neely's numbers and I wasn't sure how much more my clutch was going to want.

The car did run okay with the 1000 cc injectors on batch, it just runs alot better on sequential.

Last edited:

avp23

Mar 18, 2008
Washington
man, its so nice to see this type of info on the internet for every one to see. its a great place to learn. I thank you for this information, it will help me out a lot in the future. :)

88supraFAST1

7M WHAT
Feb 8, 2006
Battle Ground, Wa
nice numbers man, on the dyno what gear where you pulling in. it sounded like you where in 2nd, and i thought you wanted to be as close to 1:1 as possible witch is 4th gear.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
88supraFAST1;1024822 said:
nice numbers man, on the dyno what gear where you pulling in. it sounded like you where in 2nd, and i thought you wanted to be as close to 1:1 as possible witch is 4th gear.

I did pulls in both 3rd and 4th gear. On a turbo car you cheat yourself out of alittle spool up by not dynoing in 4th but I have never had it effect the numbers one way or the other.

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
Like many of you, I've owned the MKIII for 12 yrs. and have been on the SOGI/supramania/supraforums for maybe half that time. I remember way back when 450whp was considered the ultimate for a 7MGTE. "the stock internals won't handle much more than that" was the belief.

The aftermarket has been good to the MKIII. Products available now allow the competent user to fine tune safely their car, and shatter previous "never exceed as verified by the gurus" limits.

Take today's products, combine them with the knowledge & skill of one like an X-Man, and the result is awesome whp #'s).

2JZ what??

X-man has stated that 750+whp is not his day-to-day driving goal, but I'm sure right now the skeptics out there are like "oh dayum!" because the beauty of that video is that it is a STOCK 7mgte bottom, and with the exception of an HKS HG, and ARP head bolts, the head too is STOCK. HE put down 3 runs with 700+whp, multiple runs over 600whp, then he drove her home. "without a hiccup". He runs 550ish whp daily. (His exact number can be found above in his post).

THis is a testament to the 7MGTE, and user knowledge/skills/ability. How many owners have blown their 7M's and blamed the motor, when in reality it was user error?

X-MAn, I knew from the first day we spoke you were crazy AND u knew what you were talking about. Today is just another milestone in your impressive achievements column. Keep up the good work, and keep the skeptics running!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!