750+ whp dyno video and a public service announcement.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Sean, what is the benefit switching from batch to sequential with the AEM?

And good job man... I dont know if I'll be able to hit that much with my turbo, but hopefully close... I'm seriously impressed man... Congratulations man...

Alpinesupra

Cars never talk back
Apr 6, 2005
mckinney, tx
very well done sean great work.
youve got mad props from me..

-sean

ps.
when you going to start making and/or carrying 7m parts on your web site??

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
X-man;1022386 said:
First off I would like to say thanks for all the comments from everyone.

Second, I would also like to say that I don't want to make this seem like all you have to do is throw a bunch of fuel and alot of boost at a 7m and it will make big numbers and it is as easy as that. There was alot of careful prep in a very controlled environment to make this come together. I could not have done this with Jeff, Manning , and Jamey standing there watching and helping me out. Jeff was listening for knock on a system he designed to listen, record, and playback pulls. Manning stood and watched a second wideband throughtout each pull, and Jamey filmed this plus watched fuel psi.
There were two dyno sessions leading up to this, a complete injector rewire to sequential injection, an ignitor change to a 3 channel ignitor from a 95 3000 GT plus ingition phasing change, and constant plug checks. Jeff, Manning, and I tuned this car. We all had input in to what was going on and everyone was a valuable part.

Third, do I have any expectations for this thing to last at these power levels on the street or the track? The answer would be probably not for long. I did this because I set goals for myself and then set off to accomplish them. This is a street car that is a blast to drive and will get you killed or kill somebody in a heartbeat. I like 7m engines and I did this to prove that stock 7m's are very strong and the only person that can put limits on what you do is you. The car made 3 runs over 700 rwhp and has made about 20 runs over 600 rwhp plus at least 40 over 500 rw and better than 100 runs over 400 rw. The car has made 40 passes down the track at over 500 rwhp and still runs great. I would say that is not to bad for a 3 liter engine people put alot of limitations on.

Sean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-jaenWRSdg

Total respect! great car you have there my friend.

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
I say 40psi here we come! I seriously want to see the limits of this car. But the numbers here are very impressive. The gt42 makes impressive numbers in any car. He prolly doesnt see boost till 6-7000rpms or maybe even higher?

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
Reign_Maker;1023068 said:
Sean, what is the benefit switching from batch to sequential with the AEM?

And good job man... I dont know if I'll be able to hit that much with my turbo, but hopefully close... I'm seriously impressed man... Congratulations man...

Driveability and tuneability with 1000 cc injectors is a "day and night" difference. No more bubbling and ranging at idle. It is like hooking a vpc up and not putting the s-afc between it and the stock ecu.

Sean

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
turbojuiced;1023612 said:
I say 40psi here we come! I seriously want to see the limits of this car. But the numbers here are very impressive. The gt42 makes impressive numbers in any car. He prolly doesnt see boost till 6-7000rpms or maybe even higher?

By the logs I see 1 psi by 3900 rpm. I am going to enjoy the car for awhile now but who know's what will happen down the road.

Sean