6x9 rear speakers in back seat side panels

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
Neodeuccio;1448539 said:
So my stock rear speakers are shot, like most of them, and I picked up a nice set of 6x9's for dirt cheap, which I've been trying to decide where to mount.

I kind of like the idea of mounting them in the side panels of the back seat, but I don't know how difficult this would be. I'd need to cut out a small section of the inner body wall in order to get the required clearance, and I may need to strengthen the side panel itself in to get it to hold the weight (MDF backing?), but I still don't know how successful this would be.

Have you guys ever seen this done before? Anyone have opinions?

i have my set up like that. Side panels of back seat. all you need is a 6/9's speaker spacer because as you know there isnt that much room inside since the seat belt for the driver and passager run through there. but it can be done. if you want i can take a pic and show you see what you think:icon_bigg

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
supraboymk3;1453337 said:
i have my set up like that. Side panels of back seat. all you need is a 6/9's speaker spacer because as you know there isnt that much room inside since the seat belt for the driver and passager run through there. but it can be done. if you want i can take a pic and show you see what you think:icon_bigg

Dude, I would love a few pics. Also, how do they sound?

BOOSTEDSUPRA

THE DRIVELINE GUY
Jan 4, 2007
turlock, calif
i went to bb and bought a set of computer speakers with the same size speaker in its sub box, harman kardon i think they were, took them outta the box and into the rear stock location. front door's have boston acustic's in them. with a rockford amp under the rear deck lid pushing an mtx comp 10" sub in box. all controlled by sony head unit. (it changes color to match dash) lol

small, tidy, and clean.

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
Neodeuccio;1453684 said:
Dude, I would love a few pics. Also, how do they sound?

The sound real good. the only thing is that you dont have much room to work with but if you get some spacers you'll be good. let me get some pics for yah

suprajztwenty

Nov 5, 2009
corinth tx
ewww, i mean i guess its cool if no one sits back there...not that they could anyways, i just dont care for look you have there

i think 6x9's sound twice as good as a 6.5" round...but who cares, its what the guy wants to do

supraboymk3

Sep 29, 2008
Oakland Ca
suprajztwenty;1454005 said:
ewww, i mean i guess its cool if no one sits back there...not that they could anyways, i just dont care for look you have there

i think 6x9's sound twice as good as a 6.5" round...but who cares, its what the guy wants to do

yeah the way i see it is its not like anybody fits in the back of a supra, right so. why not. if so they can kinda reast there arm on the top part of it, as long as they dont put alot of weight:icon_bigg

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
I sold the back seat out of mine years ago. The only "person" who has ever sat in the back is my dog, and he likes it better without the seat. When I'm working on the car I let him come out and sit in the car while I'm wrenching. Ever since the seat came out, he doesn't want to get out of the car when I'm done.

Supraboy, did you cut everything behind the speakers to give you more room?