60-1 turbo

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
supralvr88;1273921 said:
Spool is a joke with this. it takes till 4500 to get any real boost outta it.

it only pulled 354.89RWHP just a few hours ago at Boost Logic. I thought it was built with 400+ capability but it appears not. I'm not sure why it didn't put down more.

Something doesn't sound right about the 4500 spool. My buddy has the same setup and he's hitting full spool around 3800 - 3950. His profecb low mode is set to 14psi and the high mode is set to 18psi.

354 HP at 15psi is good power! Did you try more boost?

Can you post your dyno sheet?

supralvr88

Mar 10, 2009
TX
s727.photobucket.com
CajunKenny;1273973 said:
Something doesn't sound right about the 4500 spool. My buddy has the same setup and he's hitting full spool around 3800 - 3950. His profecb low mode is set to 14psi and the high mode is set to 18psi.

354 HP at 15psi is good power! Did you try more boost?

Can you post your dyno sheet?

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww279/supralvr88/?action=view&current=BrandonMK3.jpg

there's a link to the dyno sheet. Torque was all over the place. justin said they were having probs with reading torque before. Mine on high won't seem to go above 15. it peaks at 15 and roughly holds there. i lowered compression with plans of running a little more boost. I was hitting 20psi before the tune, but he said that's a bit much on pump gas.

Also on that if you go back to main photos you can see the Turbo. It's not a true CT. Pretty much the only thing CT about it is the intake housing. Other than that it's different.

And sorry about the delay. I'm trying to clean up and touch up the Supra for 2K9. Just got it washed and about to wax it up nice!! I'm in and outta the house.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I like the 60-1. It scared the crap out of me the other day. I had it in fifth going 80 and decided to punch it. I could hear the turbo starting to spool. next thing i know I'm in the back of my seat. I looked down and i was going 110 with 23 psi.:aigo:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Its a 1jz. I've only had it for a couple of weeks. I haven't really seen what it could do. Before i bought this one i had a 7mgte on stock turbo 10 psi. On the ct 26 you feel the turbo right away, but with the 60-1 you have to wait a little. But when it gets there wow:biglaugh: I guess what surprised me the most is that it kicked so hard at 80 and i didn't even drop a gear. I couldn't do that with a ct26:3d_frown:

Garrett 60-1
3 inch exhaust dragger cat back
SAFC fuel controller
Greddy Profec-B spec II boost controller
AEM UEGO wideband
Greddy catch can
4inch mandrel bent intake pipe
4”x9” AEM Dryflow air filter
3” aluminum intercooler piping
24”x9”x3” intercooler
Denso fuel pump (from TT Mk4)
550cc injectors (from USDM 2JZ)
Tial 38mm wastegate

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Yeah I was going to do a slight build on my 7M, but then I saw the swapped
1jz with all the extras for less then what it would take to do the build i had to get it. Plus the body was in a lot better shape then mine.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
I would say just run the ct26-57 trim for now and should give you plenty of power. Just save your money, build the motor, get a piggy back and then throw a bigger turbo on it.

solpower

Jan 26, 2009
Albemarle, nc
eh i was planning on doing everything at once except engine management that will be coming soon. basicly my build plans are a tubular manifold with a 60-1 turbo ffim. cometic head gasktet arp head studs and possibly 9 to 1 pistons with forged rods. im just stumped about what to have doing the brains of this thing i just switched from building hondas lol

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Building a Supra, 240SX, 300ZX or even a EVO are all different from a Honda. LOL! All motor Hondas are fast though. A guy has one around where I live, a "bubble," with a K20 in it, and the whole car is gutted. The windshield is plastic.....

Have you guys heard of a guy that goes by the name "Dingo," in New York with a yellow MK4 that is undefeated for five years now. He retired it. LOL!