5spd 7m 10.67 @132 !

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Zerocool;1515730 said:
Did they still give you hell about not having upgraded axles at speed world?

They shouldnt give you hell, cause when i bought my NHRA hand book, i asked the tech inspector if you had to have axles and he told me no cause there not going to tear apart your car and since they dont have aftermarket axles for some cars.

The guys name was something longjohn, he was hella old at speedworld.

Red '88T

Apr 6, 2005
Arizona
Congrats on a fantastic run.
Looking forward to see it after the head has been gone through.
Good driver mod goes a long way too.

This is the fastest time for a 7M 5spd that I've heard of... has there been faster?

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
stevenr816;1517078 said:
They shouldnt give you hell, cause when i bought my NHRA hand book, i asked the tech inspector if you had to have axles and he told me no cause there not going to tear apart your car and since they dont have aftermarket axles for some cars.

The guys name was something longjohn, he was hella old at speedworld.

The last time we went to speed world they wouldnt tech his car for a 10 second pass because it didnt have several things including not having "upgraded axles". This was at the UTI drags back in November.

TKMK3

Aug 15, 2005
Chandler Az
Thanks again guys and yes the cage does help stiffen the car up a litle and the cage is a 5pt.Here is what the rule book says about axles....

Cars running between 10.00 and 10.99 need all the above-mentioned safety equipment, plus driver’s protective clothing, aftermarket axles and an SFI-approved harmonic balancer. The driver needs to have at least a single-layer, SFI-approved jacket such as those sold by companies like Diest, Simpson, RJR and others, as well as long pants and approved driver’s gloves.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
that is one sick car. i hope to reach those number with my other motor im going to start building soon after im all settled in in the air force.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
So, a C6 ZR1 or newer Viper, capable of running in the 10's with sticky tires, still needs aftermarket axles? That seems kinda redundant...

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
Awesome run Tyler! Its amazing how far your car has come in a relatively short time. It seems your always one for pushing stock parts. When people ask me how much a stock part on our cars will hold i always reference your car..lol

Sinistr

Has Been
Jan 8, 2007
ABQ, NM
Man, I just watched this video again. The car sounds absulutely amazing. You should get with the person that did your PnP harness for the ProEFI, and try to develop a harness for production to the rest of the MKIII community. I would love to run one of these on my 90T.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
TKMK3;1517357 said:
Thanks again guys and yes the cage does help stiffen the car up a litle and the cage is a 5pt.Here is what the rule book says about axles....

Cars running between 10.00 and 10.99 need all the above-mentioned safety equipment, plus driver’s protective clothing, aftermarket axles and an SFI-approved harmonic balancer. The driver needs to have at least a single-layer, SFI-approved jacket such as those sold by companies like Diest, Simpson, RJR and others, as well as long pants and approved driver’s gloves.

There was a revision for the axles as I had same problem when running. Pants and gloves are not required for your times. 135 MPH or 9's.

One rule taken off website.

Cars running 9.99 or quicker ET's must have an NHRA approved roll cage and certified chassis, SFI approved flex plate, transmission shield, window net, and master cut off switch. NHRA Competition License, SFI approved 3.2 A/5 race jacket, pants and 3.3/1 gloves and neck collar.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It is funny that this car can beat some 2JZ's swaps in my area because those guys do crap jobs and can't drive their cars. LOL! Good Job man.

I agree with sinistr, try to see if the guy who made your plug and play harness to see if he would like to get rich and make some production models for us to buy with the ProEFI in a group buy or kit?