5spd 7m 10.67 @132 !

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
More info on your launch control please. I'm thinking about getting an AEM instead of my stinger and I know it has some sort of two step or antilag. Any videos of your car launching?

TKMK3

Aug 15, 2005
Chandler Az
Thanks guys i am using antilag with the pro efi and yes it is hard on turbos. I have not done a build thread yet but i have been building the car for several years, when i get some time away from work to sit down and do it i will post some more exterior interior and engine pics. Here is another pic of the car, all the work has been done at intense motorsports by me.

p1515564_1.jpg

p1515564_2.jpg

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
Congrats.. Great numbers. Need more info on the set up such as clutch. Need video of the run too. You giving me hope not to abandon my car. You probably the only one in this forum with 7m r154 to break into 10s.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
zurud;1515628 said:
Congrats.. Great numbers. Need more info on the set up such as clutch. Need video of the run too. You giving me hope not to abandon my car. You probably the only one in this forum with 7m r154 to break into 10s.

I"m pretty sure Duane ran some good times with his setup before he went with the automagic.

Ozz89supra

Ozzy
Feb 22, 2009
Phoenix
Amazing car, I love the color. I also didnt know that intense Motorsports did mk3s. I've been to their shop but usually see 350zs or their sick g35 that they built

TKMK3

Aug 15, 2005
Chandler Az
Here is the video its kinda crappy but its all i got, enjoy!

[video=youtube;7JYN-D4l0Yg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JYN-D4l0Yg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

Sinistr

Has Been
Jan 8, 2007
ABQ, NM
That is an awesome time you put up there. Great to see that an MKIII, w/ the R154, stayed together after a run like that. All you ever here is that the R154 is trash, doesn't stay together, or just plain sucks. Congrats on your run. Oh, one question. I thought that the the ProEFI was not offered for the MKIII. Was it a custom wiring job, ,or were you able to pick one up that was PnP? Just curious, as I am currently searching out options, outside of AEM. Again, great job.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
MRSUPRA;1516569 said:
Yeah, I thought the Pro EFI was not "available" for the 7M yet.

Tyler is the shop foreman at intense motorsports and had the opportunity to work with Jason from ProEFI who helped devolved the pro-efi, Tyler was able to get a plug and play harness for the 7m and is probably the only one in the country with one.

Tanya;1516588 said:
nearly calendar worthy! go back and get me some different angles ;)

great time!
I sent you a bunch of pictures of his car remember :p Calendar worth for sure ;)

zurud

Apr 10, 2005
Evansville, IN
How many point on the cage? Does the cage make big difference in targa car?. I think anti lag is not too bad for turbo if you are only using it only couple seconds just for launch. How long this turbo last with anti lag. Maybe ball bearing turbo will last longer than journal bearing turbo since ball bearing turbo withstand higher thrust loading. Turbonetics said its ceramic ball bearing turbo can withstand 1000 to 2000 lbs of loading while journal bearing can only withstand 60 to 80 lbs of dynamic thrust loading.