500 rwhp on stock headgasket and bolts.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
IJ.;1312302 said:
Nah this can't be right it must have a 1Jz swapped in and you haven't noticed yet Sean :D

Or maybe he's deaf and just can't hear the rod knock? :sarcasm:

Seriously folks, the 7M is one tough SOB. It just has something in common with IJ., it doesn't suffer fools.

Sean, congrats on doing it the "right way".

My famous quote stands true: "99 times out of 100, the weak link in the MKIII is the owner"

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
IJ.;1312302 said:
Nah this can't be right it must have a 1Jz swapped in and you haven't noticed yet Sean :D

Had there been a 1jz swapped in I would have had to caught wind of it, just because I would have been the fool doing the swapping. We talked about putting a 2jz in the car but he has gone and bought aftermarket rods and pistons to install once I figure out how to get 28 hours out of a 24 hour period.:biglaugh:

I actually leave this car richer than I keep mine for protective measures. One of the biggest downfalls I have found to hammering on a VPC/AFC car is people will not stay at wide open throttle when under boost. This has the potential to drop the car to a 14.7 a/f under boost.

enjoi.this

Formerly ChrisC
Aug 18, 2008
Kelowna, BC
X-man;1312388 said:
VPC/AFC car is people will not stay at wide open throttle when under boost. This has the potential to drop the car to a 14.7 a/f under boost

Dont forget to mention EGT's go through the roof, its all being able to drive it correctly and not find the sweet spot in the pedal where knock or melt down can factor :aigo:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
FullNelson;1312498 said:
What happens at WOT under boost? Ive not heard of this yet. So youd want to drive the VPC/AFC cars at like 90% throttle instead then?
No, exactly the opposite - you want to keep them at WOT, rather than 90%.

This avoids having your ECU decide that maybe you're just cruising, and leaning the AFR towards 14.7 - and likely high enough EGTs to melt pistons, as well as enough detonation to turn ringlands to dust.

Congrats on the car, guys.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
good job as always sean. the car looks really good. i do like the new wheels better than the ones he had on the car when i was out there.

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
black89t;1312771 said:
so X-man did toyota really deck the block?

i'm really curious.

in order for the block to be decked that involves disassembling the motor right?
taking the pistons and rods etc out?
if so i highly doubt it but im curious if they did as well.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
black89t;1311406 said:
how do you know that?
i doubt they pulled the motor. then tore it down. machine the deck then reassembled it. :nono: i find that hard to believe. i'm sure they decked the head and maybe even got a valve job done at the machine shop. but i haven't heard of ANY dealership tearing a motor down for a hg job. i want to hear what you guys have to say or where you got that fact.

X-man. another great example of how the 7m is a solid motor when worked on by someone who know what they're doing. even with the "horrible stock hg" that we hear all the time. LOL.

I don't. But that was standard issue Toyota policy, not just ours at the dealership. Not many 7M's back then, the old people still owned them. But we did the 3VZE recall, called the V06 campaign. You never ever put a refinished head on block after a blown headgasket. Well, some people do, and I can point out which ones with a couple of minutes in the search engine.

The block is pulled and decked. Unless it is beyond .002". Then they get a new block. But not a new crank or rotating assembly. Toyota wouldn't pay for it. You have to destroy a crank somehow, or put rod through a block before they buy you a short block.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
black89t;1312771 said:
so X-man did toyota really deck the block?

i'm really curious.

No, they just put a headgasket on and checked for any warpage according to Willie. Willie bought the car with 42,000 miles on it, so he owned it when the work was done.

dbsupra90;1312743 said:
good job as always sean. the car looks really good. i do like the new wheels better than the ones he had on the car when i was out there.

I like the wheels also, they are just heavy. Car rides very smooth though, even with no sidewall on the tire.

Last edited by a moderator:

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
X-man;1313169 said:
No, they just put a headgasket on and checked for any warpage according to Willie. Willie bought the car with 42,000 miles on it, so he owned it when the work was done.

thats what i thought. :biglaugh:

that makes it even more assuring of how stout the 7m is.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Certainly an inspiring display to keep my 7M until, god forbids, something bad may happen to it.

Very awesome!

What is that exhaust system?

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Is he on stock internals too? Can you please tell me what the base timing is set to? Does he limit pump gas to 15 psi? I am just about to hit the dyno with my new turbo and I'm wondering how far I could safely push it on my SAFC with 550's and dual walbros. I was thinking 450hp, with the aid of meth injection, and monitor for knock on the dyno. Thanks for the post!

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
tekdeus;1313723 said:
Is he on stock internals too? Can you please tell me what the base timing is set to? Does he limit pump gas to 15 psi? I am just about to hit the dyno with my new turbo and I'm wondering how far I could safely push it on my SAFC with 550's and dual walbros. I was thinking 450hp, with the aid of meth injection, and monitor for knock on the dyno. Thanks for the post!

Base timing is stock 10 degrees. Pump gas is around 18 or 19 psi, and the this car has a single Walbro and 680's. Internals are stock with 102,000 miles on them.

Keros;1313619 said:
Certainly an inspiring display to keep my 7M until, god forbids, something bad may happen to it.

Very awesome!

What is that exhaust system?

One I built using 3 inch pipe and some HKS muffler and of course the standard issue convertor simulator.

Last edited:

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
What AFR's did you shoot for with this setup? What octane pump gas? Thanks for the info!

I just retuned my car with the new billet GT35r last night, and the car is now really quite fast. Very impressive that a 7M with stock internals and ECU can run so well and put out so much power.