500 rwhp on stock headgasket and bolts.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
tekdeus;1314822 said:
What AFR's did you shoot for with this setup? What octane pump gas? Thanks for the info!

I just retuned my car with the new billet GT35r last night, and the car is now really quite fast. Very impressive that a 7M with stock internals and ECU can run so well and put out so much power.

I shoot for around 11.7 and we run 93 octane for pump gas. Running this boost level we usually add alittle 110 with it.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
X-man;1312388 said:
One of the biggest downfalls I have found to hammering on a VPC/AFC car is people will not stay at wide open throttle when under boost. This has the potential to drop the car to a 14.7 a/f under boost.
I am careful of this, as I've noticed my car on at half throttle or up a hill can easily build 5-10psi while the A/F's are 14.7. I've been contemplating having a meth/water kit with a medium sized nozzle setup to start spraying at 7-10psi just for a little extra safety, and to be able to boost 18-20psi reliably on pump gas. Have you tried this on a similar setup? Could this cause ignition quenching problems down low?

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
tekdeus;1316848 said:
I am careful of this, as I've noticed my car on at half throttle or up a hill can easily build 5-10psi while the A/F's are 14.7. I've been contemplating having a meth/water kit with a medium sized nozzle setup to start spraying at 7-10psi just for a little extra safety, and to be able to boost 18-20psi reliably on pump gas. Have you tried this on a similar setup? Could this cause ignition quenching problems down low?

hmm quick question, do you still have your egr hook up? or is it blocked off and ur still running the car off of the stock ecu?

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
tekdeus;1316848 said:

Me personally I switched to an AEM. There got to be to many limitations with the stock ecu and big turbochargers. I was leaving alot of power on the table with my 67 because I couldn't rev over 6700 rpm. The stock ecu is a great platform to modify from, but running 6 to 8 psi like it is set up for on a CT26 is quite a bit different than 20 to 30 psi on a GT42.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I never even knew the VPC had that lean condition. Glad I went with the AEM... Sort of.

Sean you think 6700rpm's is bad, my 92 ECU cut the revs at 6200rpm. I would constantly be banging of the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gear.

X-man

Dec 5, 2005
Pulaski,Va
MRSUPRA;1317720 said:
I never even knew the VPC had that lean condition. Glad I went with the AEM... Sort of.

Sean you think 6700rpm's is bad, my 92 ECU cut the revs at 6200rpm. I would constantly be banging of the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gear.

Yeah, that's the way Willie's 91 is. Just when things really start to happen you find the ceiling.