500 RWHP Maft pro, A340E daily driver dyno run...wooo hooo!

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Finally got on a dyno for the first time ever, it was pretty cool, I got a video on my digi-cam, I will try to upload on photobucket and put it on my build thread tonight! Thanks to Drjonez and turbo bob for continuing support with the pro, I ran 23 psi with no fuel cut. They had a hard time with it being auto to load it up and get boost, so the lower rpm readings are lower HP than actual, he had to feather it up to speed to prevent kickdown. We had 4-5 runs in trying , so it was pretty hot, I didnt wanna wait around and cool it to get a few extra HP. VERY HAPPY! Also thanks to all the other members with sharing info on getting the pro to potential, I've been comparing notes with Mike Malloy, and we got this thing kicking some ass.

Here's the video! ]

Ken
p382350_2.jpg

Last edited:

NickSupra

Apr 6, 2005
tn
Awesome to see an auto put down some power. Congrats! Is it an upgraded tranny? I also seem to remember some method to keep the car from downshifting. I cant recall though.

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
congrats!

do you have a high stall converter or stock?

did you compare rpm vs speed vs power?

also, when dynoing an auto, it works best if you unplug the ect ecu (pass side kick panel). this puts it in diag mode and you can lock it in gear and not have to worry about upshifting and downshifting.

what you do is put it in L which is 1st. you get the car rolling up to speed. then you shift into 2 which is 3rd gear. from there you can start the dyno run at any speed/rpm without it shifting. do not shift it to D b/c this is OD in diag mode.

just thought this might be helpful to you on future dyno runs or anyone else that doesnt know about this.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
^yeah I did too, the post isn't that old either. There are some wires you unplug to make to tranny stop downshifting... I'd say it's on page 2 or 3 in general discussions or turbo tech.

Ninja edit: NVM, I was beat to the punch :(.

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
Thanks guys! The trans is built, I did it myself with goodies from IPT, I had the converter loosened up by Midwest converters, and IPT upgraded the valve body. I have an ect analyzer at work, you unplug the trans harness, and connect to this, you can keep it in any gear you want and control lockup, I just didnt realize it would be an issue since I'm a dyno newbie. Next time I will bring it with me. I did get it graphed vs. rpms also db, it was 496 HP@6k, power drops off a little about 6100 rpm. I'll post that one on my build thread to after I get home from work tonight.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Very nice numbers! I love the was an auto will keep building boost/power almost all the way to redline ;)
(with the right mods of course)

I got an IPT tranny and torque converter (3000 stall) myself...holding up very well so far. How is the shift shock on yours?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I love the way it shifts, it does hit hard putting into gear from drive when its cold, wide open throttle shifts are crisp, it just feels instant with not alot of shock. John at IPT is awesome. Great customer service and very fast and helpful.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
tookwik4u89 said:
I love the way it shifts, it does hit hard putting into gear from drive when its cold, wide open throttle shifts are crisp, it just feels instant with not alot of shock. John at IPT is awesome. Great customer service and very fast and helpful.

That sounds about like mine...I get a little more hardness on the 1st - 2nd shift when it's cold. Where do you have the throttle cable set for line pressure? Is the little index marker near the tip of the rubber like in the TRSM?

tookwik4u89

Red T-shirt
Apr 6, 2005
Rockford, IL
I pulled it just a little farther, but now I have it pulled all the way because I dont have it hooked up due to FFI, I need a longer cable.

jdub

SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
tookwik4u89 said:
I pulled it just a little farther, but now I have it pulled all the way because I dont have it hooked up due to FFI, I need a longer cable.

Where the index mark is actually a little outside the rubber when you pull the throttle wide open?

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Wow Ken, awesome job. I guess you are eligible to go on the GTE Power site now !!!

What do you think is the single most important upgrade you did to attain such high numbers. I noticed your turbo is pretty awesome and the FFIM is likely to add a few horses.