480 hp, 456 tq, BIC twin gt28r turbo's

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Well I finally got the E-manage installed, with all options, fuel injector harness, ignition control, pressure sensor........ Other mods are custom BIC twin GT28R turbo system, twin 2.5" downpipes, HKS Highpower exhaust, BIC top feed fuel rail, 550's, Turbonetics IC, Tial BOV, Mines ECU.

On 94 octane pump gas, at 14psi I made 378 HP and 372 TQ.

At 19psi, pump gas made 446 HP and 437 TQ.

AT 21 psi with 4 gallons C-16 made 480 rwhp and 456 TQ.

I was able to make about 30 hp more just by playing with the timing at the same boost. I could have easilly hit 500 rwhp but I blew my boost controller hose off and didnt know about it , it started over boosting so we called it a night. I must say the E-manage works very well with the 1JZ and esspecially with a tuned ECU ( Mines). I will post up the sheets soon. The curves are very nice with a big power band.

IM000247%20(Medium).JPG

Pump gas runs.
IM000242%20(Medium).JPG

1jzengine(Medium).JPG

Dew511

Apr 1, 2005
Q-boro, NY
Damn! I want! I want! Keep it up. Im trying to get my hands on a upgraded ECU too. Anyways again... good numbers.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
How does this set up feel on the street? Aproximately how much did the set up run for all the extras...I know you are tossing around the idea of marketing the Kit, but I'm curious about the entire set up (fuel management, delivery, ect.) Beyond the 1jz swap in general.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Thanks for the compliments, The 1J is way faster than the old 7m, I went to the track last night and was doing 116 mph trap speeds. Those extra 1000-1500 rpm make all the diference in the world. The 1J is such a smooth engine, it doesnt sound/ feel like the 7m at 5000 + rpms ,it just keeps revving smoothly.

I havent added up the total bill yet, I dont really want to. I was able to sell all my old 7m stuff and turbo kit, and also lots of the extra's I got with the front clip, so I got allot of the money back.

Is that bell mouth 3", that looks sweet, I just might have to get me some of those.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Now I am wondering, just how much hp/tq are those twins good for? Kits out there for the 1JZ always seem to have a single turbocharger, which I believe is the wrong setup for the 1JZ. The 1JZ needs twins running in parallel and a horsepower goal that allows it to get into and take advantage of it's powerband, no matter what the current RPMs. Your setup is probably at or near the optimum for autocross or mild street racing. I bet you are gonna have some fun.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Hey, that 28R is the one they call the "Disco Potato", right? I've heard good things about that particular turbocharger - very popular with the Silvia crowd. It comes stock as the single on the S15, doesn't it? I hope those two do you well.

That's really cool - since the bore is the same, it should be feasible to do the same piping/manifold job on a 2JZ in the A70 chassis - which I may take into consideration someday. It looks like you made yours and still managed to keep plenty of room between the turbochargers, piping and the strut tower. I like.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
Do you think with the GT28RS this kit would have made the 600whp that you were shooting for? The GT28RS would still bolt right up to those manifolds right? And, I know it's a pretty fast spooler too...any guestimations on whether the powerband would be similar with "Disco Potato's"?

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I will max out these turbo's first. I think they should be able to make 520-550 rwhp. I will be going back to the dyno very soon. But I only have 550cc injectors so I will be running out of fuel soon. I will probably change the turbo's to GT28RS's next year, those should make 600rwhp, but they will spoolup a little slower because of the larger wheels. The RS will bolt to the manifolds and use the same turbne housings and downpipes.

trdmk3supra

LVNBSTLFE
Mar 31, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Man your set-up is sweet BIC. I am currently undergoing the 1jzgte swap in my 86.5 supra. Right now I am pulling my old N/A 7m motor and tranny. Then to body shop for paint and body work. Then be putting the 1jzgte in her and have some fun. :evil2: