440s+afpr+ Lexus afm

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
Ok I've been reading alot and I know this comes up alot but anyone on this forum successfully running the Lexus afm and 440s by raising fuel pressure? Alot say no alot say the 440s can hold up to 700hp? My other question is if I adjust th afm(stock) will that raise fco and since the stock tune really rich would there be a problem leaning it out a bit just for fun , before I do the Lexus afm. Any help would be great I got some friends with egs and integras that are pretty modified I didn't want to make supras look bad so I wanted to get 300hp b4 I try and take them out thanks alot guys.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Do you have a wide band to monitor your afr?

440 will never see anywhere near 700.

You trying to do something stupid to race some hondas. Id suggest doing things properly unless you want to rebuild your engine out of stupidity.

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
I was gonna dyno it and have them help me adjust fuel pressure so I'm not running lean. I'd everyone one says no I won't I'm just asking question and what about the stock afm adjusting screw if I adjust all the out will that raise fco and if it will would I run Len from that small amount of unmetered air since stock tune is already rich?

Cyrus

Apr 21, 2008
Bay Area, CA
you can get to almost 300hp at the crank by upgrading intake, exhaust, intercooler, hard pipes, and then shimming the wastegate with a washer or 2.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Lol let people think supra's are slow what does it matter ?
Anyway i'd be suprised if you got to 400whp on 440's also adjusting the fuel pressure as a sole means of tuning is probably not a good idea

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
I currently have cold air intake(hot air) cat back 2.5 removed second cat and resonator boost controller. I don't have a boost gauge but I've been adjusting boost to as close to fuel cut I can without hitting throught the gears at wot. So what hp do you guys think I have and I just want to get as much out my stock parts as I can I'm only shooting for 325 to 350hp if I'm lucky for now until I go standalone and upgraded turbo and intercooler any help would be great I love my car my girlfriend is fucking envys this car so I'm not going to do anything that you guys say will damage it I have plans ten years long for this car

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
If you are stock turbo you are prob at 240whp if that...

I hate to tell you that on 91 octane and no tune that tou wont see much past 270whp ever....

Go full 3inch turbo back exhaust and intercooler with 2.5 inch pipes a good intake and 12psi you might get 280

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Your at about the max your motor is going to take without lex/550/pump/afpr and something to tune with.

Or get a maft pro and a walbro and tune your car properly.

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
Thanks for the info are you guys saying I can't 300 bhp on stock inj or do mean rwhp so no lex afm without 550s I'm reading so manny different things. I was told at school the only stupid question is the one u don't ask so sorry if I'm asking questions that sound dumb to those that money isn't an issue. Just trying to get all the free safe hp I can. I have a spare stock afm housing the reason do questing about adj just to raise boost cut a lb or so and lean it a little up top thanks to those who can put up with my qustions I come driving slow ass mustangs and an engines first boosted car so I've been reding alot so I can ask educated questions and get answer from experience not opinions or speculations Thanks you guys are all really cool I'm tryna get where you guys are one day performance /knowledge wise

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can get to about 400hp safely on stock injectors. Tho by the time your at that power level you should already have 550.

If you put the lex on without 550 your going to raise the boost and lean out and fry a piston. My buddy did it.

I'm guessing your on stock fuel pump? Yes?
If your on stock fuel pump,no afpr, no wide band, and nothing to tune with you don't even have a close shot about going at this idea of yours safely. It's not the first time either.

Also at 17psi your going to be maxed out. Also the stock ct is past maxed out at about 14psi.

And even if you get all that for the price of some used 550 why even bother with 440.

The lex supply's 25% more air. The 550 25% fuel. Even match. The afpr stable fuel pressure and helps with tuning.
Tuning device is just that.

If you go maft pro you can elimanite the lex and go map but it costs about 700$ new.
You will also need a fuel pump and wideband and afpr.

Hp is not cheap bottom line. Honda guys dot know this because they think intake and exhaust is 30hp

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
Ok so with Lexus afm afpr then can I raise boost alittle I don't want to fry a piston I want my rebuild to be by choice when I get my daily car I've just read alot about guys running 440s stock ct 26 afpr and wideband seeing in the 400 ranges. And if I do get 550s and lex as combo what hp can see safely thanks in advance. No one have any experience adj stock afm housing for a lb or 2 higher boost cut I keep being told thes cars run really rich from the factory Any input would help

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
you should not do anything without a wideband...without this then your walking down a dark alley with no way of see the light

the stock afm wont cut it if trying to crank out more hp
either spend the money on a lexus afm, 550 injectors, afpr, wideband, piggy back fuel tuner and common upgrades(exhaust, intake, intercooler and regular maintenance)
or just raise boost below fuel cut and do common upgrades

my setup is stock turbo at 14 psi, 3in downpipe, 2 1/2in straight pipe, maft pro in speed density(tuned to stock pretty much), afpr(set to stock psi), godspeed fmic, blitz dd bov, cone air filter
it pulls pretty good...im happy with it and have no problems with daily driving

before wanting to squeeze all the power out everything you can...think about what if something breaks...can you afford to repair it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can't adjust the stock afm How you think. Adjusting for more air unmetered also means the engine is going to have lots of extra unmetered air even out of boost which means you will e lean and you have no sort of tuning device or a wideband to offset that.

Do bpu upgrades and be happy. Or get ready for fail.

19supra90

Noob.
Mar 11, 2008
Findlay
I've been reading a lot of stuff for a while now and I haven't been able to do the lex afm/550 mod myself due to funds lol. With everything I've gathered is that don't do anything if you cant do it safely. Make sure you have an aftermarket boost gauge cause you wont know how high the boost spikes. A wide band is a must because you need some sort of reference to tune cause you never really know how lean or rich the car is. And some sort of piggy back to tune it and to have someone who knows what they are doing to tune it. You can go with guessing, but you'll end up damaging the motor in some way. That's a summary of what I've gathered reading these threads, there is a little more to it. But pretty much if you can't do it safely don't attempt to do it.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Im kind of in the same situation guys. i want to see what i can get out of a DDP to atmo. 3" driftmotion exhaust, 2.5" intercooler piping, spearco replica intercooler, stock 440's & completely stock CT26, Apexi power intake, next up on my shopping list is Wideband, then boost controller (you know, cause if i buy the boost controller 1st i won't be able to resist) What would i need to tune with? SAFC? PFC?? im thinking to hell with it & go standalone.. Im pretty sure ill blow the headgasket if i turn up boost so i also have plans for building a spare engine. May take a while but i'll get all parts needed in time.

Mk34ullboost

Boost addict
Jul 22, 2012
Pinole
You guys are great ok so first get a wideband then a afpr then 550s and led afm period no ways around it ? Thanks cause if no one responded I prolly would've poped my hood and .. So thanks I must have patience fuck those built Hondas and shit once I do these were should I be I'm almost at Bpu but I don't have the turbo elbow yet .just intake, boost controller set below boost cut, catback exhaust 2.5 or 2.75 I forgot should I go 3in or bigger?

Thanks again in advance guys I was confused.anyone in Cali near the bay, I'd like to meet so when talk car and maybe teach me some shit that would be cool