440s+afpr+ Lexus afm

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The reason air temp is monitored is so the PCM can determine a cold start. When the intake air and coolant are the same, the PCM knows it is a cold start, and the correction factor for running is applied. You can see this with your idle speed. It goes down as coolant temps rise. Adding a resistor to the IAT might make the PCM think the engine is really warm with the large difference between coolant and air. We would have to see what all is decoded in 3p's thread.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
If you want to read up on why each part is supposed to be used, take a good long look at this article. Once you've finished reading it, go ahead and read it again. There are always people who do things differently but with varying amounts of both success and utter failure. If you're new to the Supra game and don't have a firm understanding of why each part is highly recommended, I suggest you do it right or don't do it at all.

Read this: http://rob.carlile.home.mchsi.com/lexus/lexus1.htm

jetjock said:
Big snike! She's ah big bugga!

:rofl: I was picturing Ian in his Crocodile Dundee hat and missing one snake skin boot. 10/10 for execution and hilarity!

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Best is up to opinion

Stand alone AEM,pro efi ect...

Then

Maft pro

Then

Vpc with 550 chip and Apexi safc,nee ect...

Or just a

Apexi safc/neo

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I have a T04E compressor. They are about 58mm in 57 trim. I would have to double check. Lex meter, 550's, no tuning aside from TCCS and it idles and runs perfect. The further the screw is turned in, the lower the overboost fuel cut. And the better it runs.