400hp or bust

TheMechanic253

Aug 11, 2014
Puyallup
The block was previously decked so I am not worried about straightness. I did look up the TSRM procedure. Ill see how close to the cylinder bore the pitting is. The deck is very clean and free of debris at this point. Might take it to the machine shop to see what my machinist would do. He said it was good to go, but I believe he only checked the timing cover height. Now that I look, there is small pitting in between a few of the cylinders and near the edge of cylinder 2.

andrew_mx83, my civic is running .027" (HG thickness) when vtec engages haha.

TheMechanic253

Aug 11, 2014
Puyallup
So I've decided that I'm just going to take the block to the machinist to check it/deck it. I am uneasy about the pitting on the deck and this is the only way to be sure. I also chased the head stud threads with a m12x1.25 bottoming tap to remove all the gunk out of the threads. HOLY SHIT there was a lot of gunk. I had to clean the tap 3 times for each threaded hole. I don't believe the previous owner did, and there was also dried ARP assembly lube in there.

TheMechanic253

Aug 11, 2014
Puyallup
So I talked to the previous owner of the car and he told me the turbo that came with the car is a precision sc34. I think thats just what the guy told him that sold it to him, so I have no proof because theres no tag on it, but it looks very much like the one that is listed on precisions website. I will have to take some measurements. Its a 545hp tubo :naughty:

TheMechanic253

Aug 11, 2014
Puyallup
Wellll, its been over a year since I've posted anything..

I have the bottom end assembled and have been collecting parts. Lots of crazy shit has been going on but I have not forgotten about the Supra!

I played with a Muscle car for about 6 months that I bought. That was pretty cool and turned a nice profit. Super clean 1968 Oldsmobile 442

No more girlfriend so that like having more income haha.

And then my daily decided to fuck me over. My differential in my Honda exploded (LOL) and blew a hole through my transmission case. Tore the trans down, bought another one and made 2 into 1. I used a custom 3-4 gear set with lower ratios, basically building a 4+1 transmission.

I pulled the engine out with the transmission and found out my HG was starting to leak (12.7:1 Comp on 92 oct) and my pressure plate was about to explode also haha. There were missing springs and it was cracked in a few places. Its been kind of cool actually to maintain a car I built when I was 18 to see the pitfalls and learn from my mistakes. Definitely a lot better than making big mistakes on my Supra. Engine is almost back in the daily, so I can get back to the Supra.

Heres my Olds,

It was great driving it, everyone asked why my dad let me take out his car hahah little did they know... Punks.