400+whp 7M's

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Just reading all these posts, its kind of depressing. You, yes you reading this post right now, forget EVERYONE else on these forums and answer yourself this, is 400 RWHP a lot? $^*#@ yes it is! Open up a magazine, and find a car in there pushing 600bhp, i dare you...have fun staying up for hours. Thats a joke. Yes lots of people here push that much, but thats the problem, it only seems small cause everyone here is competing against EACHOTHER. Its sickening. I push about 300 now give or take and i dont give a shit thats kick ass for me, i tool all these losers on the street one after another. I would get served racing most people on here, but i dont wanna race another supra thats not doing any good, the whole point is to get other punks on the street to realize DONT MESS WITH A SUPRA. I tell ANYONE that is a non supra driver,that my car pushes 300 to the wheels and their jaw DROPS. Cheers to everyone on here.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
^Yeah, 300 would be the ultimate for me for a dd (but I'm N/A :( :)) Why do you need more on a street? 0-40 is like max in the city for me, and if you can smoke someone in this range, it's really cool(hmm... maybe my N/A is better for that :))

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
i dont have traction issues. im running a tnetics 60-1 and pushing 350-400whp and beat a 13.1 @ 110mph 1JZ car from a dig and have no traction problems...

i see alot of post saying "OMG I HAVE NO TRACTION IN 3RD!!!" and they have a CT26!! well then you must have SHITTY tires. or maybe its cause my powerband is so smooth and comes in at higher RPMs, but people say upgraded CT's spool a little slower so i dunno....

i have 215/60/16 tires i believe with 350-360 whp and the ONLY time i lose traction is when i bang 2nd gear. i can rip threw 1st and it wont spin......

i guess it must just be the smooth powerband.....i dunno

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Seven M said:
i dont have traction issues. im running a tnetics 60-1 and pushing 350-400whp and beat a 13.1 @ 110mph 1JZ car from a dig and have no traction problems...

i see alot of post saying "OMG I HAVE NO TRACTION IN 3RD!!!" and they have a CT26!! well then you must have SHITTY tires. or maybe its cause my powerband is so smooth and comes in at higher RPMs, but people say upgraded CT's spool a little slower so i dunno....

i have 215/60/16 tires i believe with 350-360 whp and the ONLY time i lose traction is when i bang 2nd gear. i can rip threw 1st and it wont spin......

CT's are torque monsters...You can be doing under 300whp and get well over 400wtq with them....and early in the rpm
I had some good BFG's on and couldn't hook. There's a local car that went 11's with a stock CT(not upgraded) for the record...So if your car is setup properly, nothing wrong with keeping the old stocker even.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
mc_h said:
CT's are torque monsters...You can be doing under 300whp and get well over 400wtq with them....and early in the rpm
I had some good BFG's on and couldn't hook. There's a local car that went 11's with a stock CT(not upgraded) for the record...So if your car is setup properly, nothing wrong with keeping the old stocker even.
WERD... Its all about set up and tune... Not just in the motor, but in the suspension... I think that's one of the biggest things people forget when they build a high hp car, you gotta make it stick... Uprgraded suspension, traction bars, springs, etc...

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
Seven M said:

I had no chance of hooking 1st gear from a roll when I made 290rwhp on pirelli 245's. I could hook 2nd on most roads, but some still gave me issues. Tires have about 8k miles on them now, same issues, slowly dying stock CT. The new suspension helped, but 1st is still a throttle game. Sounds cool though, makes that mad max "ch-ch-ch-ch-spiiiiin" as the boost builds.

When I had balding kelley 225's on there (came with the car) they would spin from 3rd. Which was fun, but not very useful.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
i think people brag about not having traction till 4th because "its cool" but they really dont have that much of a problem... i am running about 380-400 around town right now on dunlop 255's i hook fine till boost hits and they break in first and sometimes 2nd with conservitive shifting, but its really not that bad even running 600hp i will have a little issue in third but in 4th i am hooked just fine. also my car is lowered 2 in"

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
There's NOTHING cool about it maybe it was fun for 5 minutes but after that it was a joke!

4000rpm first 3 gears and full throttle = no traction without doing anything other than flooring it..

As I said earlier up to 400 I had pretty good traction much better than expected.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
IJ. said:
Yeah I "brag" to the point I'm dropping $1000's to change to an ECU with 4 channel traction control to get rid of it......
money_throwing.gif

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
traction problems become uncool when you soon realize that every time you slip a wheel, thats moremoney out the door. i used to think baking the tires was awesome till it came time to buy New ones.

i was putting down low 300's to the wheels on 19psi and pumpgas on a stock CT w/ supporting mods. i had less than $1000 in parts, easily. the car would take down mild LS1 F-bodies and Fox bodies easily. that was "fast" for the street, but not fast enough for me. the problem is you develop a tolerance for most power levels and eventually "too much" is not enough. most people beleive that a car cant do anything if it doesnt have at least 300hp and that 400hp is impressive. well, when you daily drive a 300hp car, it becomes old and slow. so you want more. it happens all the time. once in a while youll see the random person who is satisfied w/ 400hp and dont feel the need for anymore. im happy for them because thats the end of their quest for power. its like an addiction for some people, which ends up costing mo money.

my low 300rwhp car had tractoin problems running from a 40roll in 2nd gear. it sometimes had tracton problems at 50mph too. launching from a dig was silly too. it would just spin from a 3000rpm clutch-slip launch... i didnt even have to drop the clutch hard for it to spin. it wouldnt stop untill i backed off either. it sucked because i didnt want a tire-frier, i wanted soemthing to run with F-bodies, Vettes and SN95's. but, building a car is where most of my entertainment comes from, the satisfaction of a job well-done. its just like playing w/ Lego's and scale models when i was a kid; i had more fun building the things than playing w/ the completed object.

now im just a bigger kid playing w/ life-sized models.

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
Put it this way....I have a lot more respect for a CLEAN nicely done mk3 on an upgraded CT than I would for one thrown together on a big single, rigged up half-assed...Most people who go big single don't understand what's involved...I can say that because my car WAS that at one point.

Besides, upgraded ct's are good for 450whp+, nothing wrong with that....Can take out bpu+++++ mk4's all day long with that on a good setup

flubyux2 said:
traction problems become uncool when you soon realize that every time you slip a wheel, thats moremoney out the door. i used to think baking the tires was awesome till it came time to buy New ones.

i was putting down low 300's to the wheels on 19psi and pumpgas on a stock CT w/ supporting mods. i had less than $1000 in parts, easily. the car would take down mild LS1 F-bodies and Fox bodies easily. that was "fast" for the street, but not fast enough for me. the problem is you develop a tolerance for most power levels and eventually "too much" is not enough. most people beleive that a car cant do anything if it doesnt have at least 300hp and that 400hp is impressive. well, when you daily drive a 300hp car, it becomes old and slow. so you want more. it happens all the time. once in a while youll see the random person who is satisfied w/ 400hp and dont feel the need for anymore. im happy for them because thats the end of their quest for power. its like an addiction for some people, which ends up costing mo money.

my low 300rwhp car had tractoin problems running from a 40roll in 2nd gear. it sometimes had tracton problems at 50mph too. launching from a dig was silly too. it would just spin from a 3000rpm clutch-slip launch... i didnt even have to drop the clutch hard for it to spin. it wouldnt stop untill i backed off either. it sucked because i didnt want a tire-frier, i wanted soemthing to run with F-bodies, Vettes and SN95's. but, building a car is where most of my entertainment comes from, the satisfaction of a job well-done. its just like playing w/ Lego's and scale models when i was a kid; i had more fun building the things than playing w/ the completed object.

now im just a bigger kid playing w/ life-sized models.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
I hear lot of people talking about traction issues. One thing that you realize after driveing a 400+rwhp car for a while is that traction changes drasticly with temperature. Under 50 degrees, my car is useless in 1st and 2nd, and not even fun. But above say 75 degrees, second gear will actually grip somewhat. Its kind of a catch 22. Your car will make the best power in the cold, but it won't go anywhere if your already making lots of power.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
upgraded CT cars can run 12.2 @ 120mph? my friend has a stock-twins BPU mkiv w/ an Auto that has run a 12.0@122mph. he's barely breaking 400rwhp right now. we usually outweigh the MKIV by 200-400lbs. we would have to bring more than a 50rwhp advantage to the table to beat a BPU MKIV... they go fast, to say the least. but driving his car on TTC and sequential, as well as my friends 438rwhp BPU auto in TTC really isnt that fast... at least not to me. it feels GOOD, dont get me wrong. but its just "meh, not bad" rather than "Holy shit... this thing moves!"