2nd gear launch?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Im definatly not spinning my tires off the line. Im just not getting it off the line hard enough. It doesnt bog out either, Im just not doing it right. Usually I keep the rev's up around 3700 and give the clutch a quick slip, but its now a very effective method for me.

Ive got Toyo R1-R's now. They are the closest tire to a R888 that are still street legal. Yes I know those tires are not drag radials, but Im trying to keep with an all round performance platform. From what Im reading my Microtech has and internal two-step. Maybe I should utilize that.

Ive been thinking about changing my gears up. I like the 4.30's but Ive never really experienced anything eles.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Jayhall;1514599 said:
Ive been thinking about changing my gears up. I like the 4.30's but Ive never really experienced anything eles.
2 step can make a big difference. Are you running a T67? You might really prefer a 3.91 diff (on the street). In the past I put a 4:10 torsen in mine and I really didn't like the way it ran up the gears/RPM's so fast. My engine and turbo combo did better with the loading effect of the 3.91 gears, and it felt like I spent more time in boost. I may be wrong, but I think the 3.91's make me slower off the line but faster from a roll.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
yes Brad, T67. Ive got a Kaaz 2-way sitting in my closet, but Im not ready to install it until I have decided which gears I want to stick with for a while. both tires gripping hard on a 2-step should definatly get me into the 11's without a bigger tune

a10secstreetcar

F-Con V Pro FTW!
Feb 7, 2009
FLORIDA
Jayhall;1513717 said:
well thats the difference. My 6 foot times' are a disgrace at 2.3. I havent had much seat time with this set up. What kind/size tires are you running? and how are you launching?

There is the problem! On M/T ET streets without my Anti lag active, I was doing 1.7's-1.8's all day.

I'm awaiting my Hoosiers then I will try those with my Anti lag active to build boost off the line.

You will get there bud, Just takes sometime.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
what you guys are talking about makes me think. I run kumho tires 245/45/zr17's with the stock gears and I can take off in 1st gear and spin at every shift at 15lbs. with a full tank of gas and a spare. Unless I let off the gas. Any ideas at what could stop that.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
NTRA08;1527044 said:
what you guys are talking about makes me think. I run kumho tires 245/45/zr17's with the stock gears and I can take off in 1st gear and spin at every shift at 15lbs. with a full tank of gas and a spare. Unless I let off the gas. Any ideas at what could stop that.

Are you talking on the track or street? On the street I was forced to use limit 1st gear boost to 11psi to avoid spinning my 295 BFG KDW's. My AVCR boost controller lets me choose the boost for each gear. Poor man's traction control, but really handy!

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
tekdeus;1527070 said:
Are you talking on the track or street? On the street I was forced to use limit 1st gear boost to 11psi to avoid spinning my 295 BFG KDW's. My AVCR boost controller lets me choose the boost for each gear. Poor man's traction control, but really handy!

on the street and track

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Jay, keep the 4.30s and launch the piss out of it, my best time was with a launch at 4100-4200.