2jzge NA-T 30 psi?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Ok, I'm going to be as nice as I can be. I can count on one hand the high school kids that could handle 600HP. All of them have been racing since they were kids on motorcycles and carts. If you own a MKIV Supra with a 2JZ-GE, you have more to worry about than just the engine. Off the top of my head:

- Transmission is either an auto or W58 5-speed. Neither will handle 600HP. Built auto or a V160 6-speed swap: couple grand
- Brakes brakes BRAKES. Non-turbo MKIV's have smaller brakes, and if you have 600HP you NEED to stop just as fast if not faster than you can accelerate: couple grand again at least.
- Wheels/tires. Gotta put the power down, right? Varies a lot, but a grand is average IMHO.
- Turbo/fuel/exhaust/engine/ECU/tuning/intake/clutch/etc. I can see an easy $10K there, if not far more.

The main issue is you're starting from an NA car. If you had a Turbo-6 speed car, you'd have a good leg up on getting to those power levels.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Poodles;1670937 said:
Ok, I'm going to be as nice as I can be. I can count on one hand the high school kids that could handle 600HP. All of them have been racing since they were kids on motorcycles and carts. If you own a MKIV Supra with a 2JZ-GE, you have more to worry about than just the engine. Off the top of my head:

- Transmission is either an auto or W58 5-speed. Neither will handle 600HP. Built auto or a V160 6-speed swap: couple grand
- Brakes brakes BRAKES. Non-turbo MKIV's have smaller brakes, and if you have 600HP you NEED to stop just as fast if not faster than you can accelerate: couple grand again at least.
- Wheels/tires. Gotta put the power down, right? Varies a lot, but a grand is average IMHO.
- Turbo/fuel/exhaust/engine/ECU/tuning/intake/clutch/etc. I can see an easy $10K there, if not far more.

The main issue is you're starting from an NA car. If you had a Turbo-6 speed car, you'd have a good leg up on getting to those power levels.

Wilwood brakes are top of the line and cost less than Brembo but they are still a couple grand for the front and rear. 10K is about right for the price of this power level and doing it right.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
If you're just going to immediately go single, I disagree with the post about going GTE instead of NA-T.

2JZGE with nothing but a thicker headgasket will handle the power you're looking for, but the tune AND octane are crucial, no detail is to be ignored.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
hottscennessey;1671082 said:
If you're just going to immediately go single, I disagree with the post about going GTE instead of NA-T.

2JZGE with nothing but a thicker headgasket will handle the power you're looking for, but the tune AND octane are crucial, no detail is to be ignored.

My reason for telling him to go GTE is because the OP, no offense, sounds like he does not know a lot about this so the lower compression would be a plus in this case. You don't think so?

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Totally get the same vibe, so maybe we should offer another solution:

OP:
You're in highschool, and you want to go from a 7MGE to a 700+whp 2JZ in a 23 year old car?
a) You posted this in the wrong section, thats why people think you have an N/A MKIV
b) Your going to need to have a lot of money, more if you don't spend a multiple hours night reading this forum for a solid year to learn more about what you want to do... because you're going to pay someone.

Basically, if you're going to pay someone, go 2JZGTE beacuse you're obviously made of money and want it now.

If you're on a budget, go 2JZGE and save up about $10k (realistically) and frequent this forum.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
hottscennessey;1671122 said:
Totally get the same vibe, so maybe we should offer another solution:

OP:
You're in highschool, and you want to go from a 7MGE to a 700+whp 2JZ in a 23 year old car?
a) You posted this in the wrong section, thats why people think you have an N/A MKIV
b) Your going to need to have a lot of money, more if you don't spend a multiple hours night reading this forum for a solid year to learn more about what you want to do... because you're going to pay someone.

Basically, if you're going to pay someone, go 2JZGTE beacuse you're obviously made of money and want it now.

If you're on a budget, go 2JZGE and save up about $10k (realistically) and frequent this forum.

I have a better solution.

Stay in school, get good grades, read the forums until you understand what it takes to make this power and HANDLE IT and then do it yourself.

Why do high school kids think 400HP-500HP-600HP-700HP is a joke to handle and especially on a stick shift car where there are so many things that can go wrong. Have you ever thought about missing a shift and going into a lower gear, then your wheels lock and your car kicks sideways?

Trust me, it is not fun and will make you get an adrenaline rush if you survive...

A kid is in coma because on New Years Eve he was racing on the road and crashed the car. They had to use a saw to cut the roof on the Supra to get him out and the car caught on fire. It had a 2JZ with a 70MM but we don't know the power level but with that setup, it must of been upper 400HP to 500HP, maybe higher. Think about that...

Saying that is no way of me wishing bad on you but just telling you that RWD+High HP Supra+Young Driver = Danger.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
IBoughtASupra;1671136 said:
I have a better solution.

Stay in school, get good grades, read the forums until you understand what it takes to make this power and HANDLE IT and then do it yourself.

^

jdmmk3

Jun 25, 2010
Manchester
Dude if your asking a question like that then your probably not well suited to try and build a 600whp. No offense to you but coming from another kid (im 16 too) you have another thing coming to you. Before you ask another question like that try doing some research. The knowledge on these forums are abundant. Do some research and you should be able to justify what you will need to build your car before you ask a question like that and get flamed by a forum. Your lucky supramania is a pretty nice forum unlike supraforums haha

TURBO TESLA

Apr 25, 2009
Orlando, Florida, United States
hey guys i have some swap questions i had purchased two 2jz complete swap kits last weekend they are 2jzge engines out of lexus sc300s one of witch runs from what i hear i have not cranked it yet but i know i need to change the motor mounts and i was looking
on drift motions website and there mounts are 140 bucks does anybody have the measurements i can just fab my own? but if anybody has any info on helping me drop this in my 87 supra i could sure use it iam just trying to get it running at the moment
i will start modding later once i know this engine is in running shape the junk yard i got them from wouldnt let me bring a battery and some gas in the yard to test it so the engine is a question mark engine but it does turn over and have compression
so iam sure it will run please if anybody can help it would be greatly apreceated

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
waking up a dead thread--- turbo tesla did you ever find those dimensions to those mounts? and 400 is alot of hp. thats like 400ftlbs of torque equvilent to whats in diesel trucks....but in a 2dr car. throw a set of bearings in your 7m and maybe rings and na-t it. then youll understand boost,fuel management,blown hg so when you spend big money you dont learn the hard way. plus youll spin out without flying like a rocket if u go spinning out of control into the other lane :) been there...done that

good luck and school means alot..wait to hear what you decide to do!

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
waking up a dead thread--- turbo tesla did you ever find those dimensions to those mounts? and 400 is alot of hp. thats like 400ftlbs of torque equivalent to whats in diesel trucks....but in a 2dr car. throw a set of bearings in your 7m and maybe rings and na-t it. then youll understand boost,fuel management,blown hg so when you spend big money you dont learn the hard way. plus youll spin out without flying like a rocket if u go spinning out of control into the other lane :) been there...done that

good luck and school means alot..wait to hear what you decide to do!