2JZ NA-T in my 87T

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Can you tell a difference from that to 8.5:1? I'm going monday to measure the cc of my head and my pistons to try and come up with the correct gasket thickness for my CR. I was leaning towards the 8.5:1 though unless you know of a reason not too. Does the 8.9:1 give you more power without boost? I guess that's what it does, but is that why you do it? Just curious.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
yes, the higher compression ratio does usually give you a little more power per boost, and faster spool/response. I had a really thick head gasket on my GE-T, only because I used some bad information. I lifted the HG on a dyno pull, so I figured it was as good a time as any to slap on a thinner HG. Differences between the two were minimal, but I did retard my timing quite a bit for safety.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Didn't realize you had swapped HGs. What RPMs do you see initial/full boost at now with the MP T70? Wonder how mine will feel with the stock 10:1 c/r :evil2: Can't wait till I get it inspected and break the clutch in so I can swap injectors and run high boost w/E85 :naughty:

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
That's gonna be awesome Josh. I usually see 25+ PSI by 4500 RPM's :).

Cams are in, I have a video of it at idle for later. I'll post it after I re-tune.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
New #'s

scan0001cb8.jpg

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
NickSupra;1024566 said:
How much did the cams run ya, if you dont mind sharing?
it was around 700 I believe, it took a couple months to get them so it helped me repress the hit to my wallet

dok33;1024814 said:
Wow, the cams made a pretty huge difference. That thing's a monster :D
Yea, definitely get some cams :)

bigaaron;1025072 said:
677whp!!!! Awesome Omg!
Thanks! It's much more than my original goal, it's funny how that happens.. lol.

THE1JZSPECIAL;1026913 said:
Much props the final product looks great
Thanks, it's not quite finished yet. I'm finally happy with the numbers, but the car needs quite a few things before I'll leave it be.

Tonight I finally re-painted my wheels to get rid of the horrible 'graphite' paint that was on them before. It literally sprayed out like grains of sand. I went with a silver coat which went on very smoothly, while the paint job is far from flawless it is MUCH better. Pics tomorrow hopefully :)