2JZ MK3 22psi vid!

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Yeah the car's unpredictability scares me, so what? Had a heart attack when it spun in 3rd at 60mph+ so I go easy. Check it!

[video=youtube;jFI_0hhSSEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFI_0hhSSEs[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 31, 2010
IL
I think it's coming from the turbo/downpipe area as the turbo has 2 bolts missing since I installed it quick without removing manifold. BOV is an HKS racing bypass valve that is vented to atmosphere by front right tire. Never noticed fire till this vid! lol

Dec 31, 2010
IL
It uses the Stinger 4 EMS software. Already took exhaust out and am going to put duel mufflers on a single pipe. There will be a electronic cutout before those. Making a custom speaker box with fireproof interior (of box) to hold my windshield wiper fluid :) Wanna up the pump and injectors this winter, and go GT4088....r!

Thanks guys.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
GrimJack;1783292 said:
That looks awfully familiar. Need warmer weather and stickier rubber.

Yes the tires are are close to having 5/32nds left, but I have a new set of 275 sumotumos that will go on after winter. Looks like I can make a nice burnout vid with the current ones. I deflate the tire pressure to 30psi, max psi for them is 51.

travweek;1783297 said:
That's badass right there nice ride!!!!!!

Thanks man! Ganna pull engine this winter...maybe I should make a thread of work along the way? We'll see how it goes.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Sumitomo make drag radials? If not, don't even waste the money.

If you're talking about HTR Zs, that's even worse man. Go out and soak your tires in WD40 then go boost. Pretty much the same thing. lol

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
those are some nice streets your on...

where you holding the camera while you drove? cause it was hella shaking you should get go pro that would be sick!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
You're going to find really quickly that most 'high performance' tires just won't do anymore. I run Kumho V.70 on the rear, they are supposedly track use only. Even those won't stick until it's really hot out. Drag radials will let you stick in a straight line, but they blow donkey cock in the corners.

Dec 31, 2010
IL
Quin;1783920 said:
Sumitomo make drag radials? If not, don't even waste the money.

If you're talking about HTR Zs, that's even worse man. Go out and soak your tires in WD40 then go boost. Pretty much the same thing. lol
Yeah, the current ones are old and stale, the new ones will do better granted I stay at 22 psi.

dubsupra209;1783945 said:
those are some nice streets your on...

where you holding the camera while you drove? cause it was hella shaking you should get go pro that would be sick!
The shaky vid was the first vid I took b4 I bought a mount that hangs on the mirror. It was attached to the steering wheel so you can imagine the vibrations it sees from wheels.

GrimJack;1783998 said:
You're going to find really quickly that most 'high performance' tires just won't do anymore. I run Kumho V.70 on the rear, they are supposedly track use only. Even those won't stick until it's really hot out. Drag radials will let you stick in a straight line, but they blow donkey cock in the corners.
Agreed, I am looking into street slick from a local 7M guy on stock sawblades. $350 for wheels and slicks. I'd have to take off the Works wheels and go stock sawblade all around to blend the street slicks. That would be in sleeper mode as it now has a quiet exhaust/electronic cutout!

IBoughtASupra;1784007 said:
How much power do you plan on making or want to make?
I will not need more than the 700 it can already make. I simply want it to be able to run richer as injectors are maxed around 700HP, and one of the fuel pumps (044 Bosch) could be bigger. It is tuned aggresively so adding a R to the GT4088 can increase leaning it out. However Ballbearing would give it better performance, and the scream of a freshly circumsized Velocir Raptor! U don't F*&K with that! lol

Dec 31, 2010
IL
CajunKenny;1784149 said:
Nice pulls! What tranny?
Rebuilt R-154. It was sealed with RTV so it leaks/sweats. Ganna pull entire driveline and engine soon. It's on jacks now because I am tweaking exhaust.