2JZ-GE-T Build - 89 Turbo Supra

C-flo

Perseverance
Dec 3, 2008
Texas
Your car looks sweet! Whats the difference between a 2jzgte, and a 2jzge-t? I see the difference, and I know the 2jzgte came in the mkIV but I'm not sure about the other. I have a MKIII with a 7mgte in it, and this is my first supra experience and my first turbo experience!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
A 2JZGTE is a factory twin turbo motor. A 2JZGE-T is an na-t conversion.

Car does look almost stock, Nick. I'm free anytime you wanna hop on I65 and head my way... =P

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sad update.

Clutch welded but got it repaired by southbend. Shipped the clutch out on a Monday and got the resurfaced flywheel and clutch disk back on Friday morning.

Pics:

p1446169_1.jpg

p1446169_2.jpg

p1446169_3.jpg

p1446169_4.jpg

p1446169_5.jpg

I have pictures of the new one but not on me, I'll update that later.

Also... My girlfriends neighbor just backed into my car...

p1446169_6.jpg

p1446169_7.jpg

p1446169_8.jpg

p1446169_9.jpg

p1446169_10.jpg

p1446169_11.jpg

p1446169_12.jpg

p1446169_13.jpg

Insurance already got involved and hopefully I'll get my front bumper repainted along with the new fender.

Thanks

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Ha yeah. I'd like to get some different rims soon and follow your lead.

BTW Talked with insurance and they will cover it all as far as I know. I'll also get a rental. Woot!

Going to see if they can repaint the front bumper as it needs a little TLC to begin with.

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Thanks Scott! That's EXACTLY what I was going for. Plus I like the black/aluminum color scheme. :)

Small update:

The car went to the adjuster and she gave me the check for $1,520.26 for replacing the fender and molding as well as various other removal and reinstall things here and there. I'm trying to see if I can get the front bumper painted as well.

Car goes into the shop on this Tuesday. I don't care how long it takes to get done as I'll have a rental. Just as long as it's done right.

Thanks!

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
The completion date is set for today however I told them since insurance is paying for the rental that it's fine if it has to stay there for Monday so they didn't have to rush anything.

Also... This body shop is really coming through for me. They painted my bumper practically for free. As far as I know at this point it will be ZERO out of pocket expense for the extra work and they're going to let the insurance company take care of it. They also sprayed both headlight doors, along with repairing one of them from a possible battery explosion at some point in the cars life. As well as a brand new fender from Toyota. They ALSO took some dents out of the hood and blended the paint.

I'm really looking forward to actually having a decent front bumper! And just having my car back in general. This Kia blows... :3d_frown:

-Nick-

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
oooo nick

u know u love that pure KIA exhilaration! the sheer power flowing throughout the car!

jk, glad to hear the body work is going well. hopefully ill be broken in once you get back, well make a couple runs

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Alright guys here are some pictures of it.

I was warned before I picked the car up that the bumper was hard to work with...

I'd like to refrain from publicly saying anything negative about the company as for the most part I am semi-satisfied with the work. And I'll leave the opinions up to you guys.

I have to respray some stuff in the engine bay that I painted black as there are white spots over the timing and the top strut covers.

Also the original paint is single stage paint and since that paint isn't made anymore they obviously put a better paint on the fender, bumper, nose cone, hood and driver door.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and you can feel free to make your opinion.

p1456384_1.jpg

p1456384_2.jpg

p1456384_3.jpg

p1456384_4.jpg

p1456384_5.jpg

p1456384_6.jpg

p1456384_7.jpg

p1456384_8.jpg

p1456384_9.jpg

p1456384_10.jpg

These next ones were taken the same night i picked it up.

p1456384_11.jpg

p1456384_12.jpg

p1456384_13.jpg

p1456384_14.jpg

p1456384_15.jpg

Okay that's all I've got for now.

Thanks

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'm pretty satisfied. It's not the fastest thing around, by any means. But it's enough to have fun. The Tanabe exhaust really quiets this thing down a ton. Even with the deleted resonator. It's straight pipe to the muffler but you would never guess it. But a simple removal of the midpipe and it screams so nicely.

It's going down for a little winter maintenance. Found a coolant leak from the water pump seal. Also the powersteering pump was going bad and the A/C compressor was bad so those two are getting replaced as well. Also I may be getting some shocks in a few days that I'm not supposed to know about... Don't tell anyone.

I took some pics but I didn't bring my camera charger back to Texas with me so I took some with my phone. I edited them so you can actually see whats going on but the quality turned to shit. So bare with me :)

Alternator out, tensioner out, middle timing cover out, radiator out, fan and fan clutch out, shroud out, PS pump out, A/C compressor out and crankbolt was broken loose. Got that done tonight so tomorrow I should be able to get it all back together provided I have all of the parts.

I can't seem to find the O-Ring for sale for the waterpump, only the full gasket. Thoughts?

Pics:

p1474886_1.jpg

p1474886_2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

-Nick-

P.S. I hit an mile marker on the drive back from Indiana...

p1474886_3.jpg

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
My dyno numbers are in my signature but they're 374 HP and 324 TQ @ 10 PSI.

I say it's not fast because I'm looking at the grand scheme of all of the supra power that there is to compete with. So in those terms, it's alright :)

I built my car to have some fun power that would make it fun to drive. Soon I believe I'll be getting KYB GR-2s for shocks so that should increase the drive ability! I've always had blown shocks on my car ever since I've owned it lol.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have most of it put back together tomorrow.

-Nick-

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
lol i didnt even see that. but thats good power for only 10psi, i dont remember what head gasket you used/ your compression because ive been looking through all the na-t threads nonstop. but theres gotta be room for improvement right? are you ever gonna up the boost or you dont wanna risk it?

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'm using the 1.3MM headgasket out of the Club NA-T gasket kit. It should correct compression to 9.2(or 1) : 1 per calculations done by Lppro.

I will not be upping the boost any time soon because I'm still on stock 7M 440 CC injectors and stock 2JZ-GE Fuel Pressure Regulator. Right at 10 PSI seems to be right where the wastegate spring just opens up and I'm staying in the 11s at WOT. Up towards redline it likes to go to low 12s... I tend not to take it to redline all that often.

Update on the coolant leak... My dumbass didn't check the weep hole to see if that was what was leaking... And it was and I found this out after I put everything back together and started it back up. FML.

However I set a new personal best of pulling a waterpump out in just under an hour! :)

New waterpump is obviously next on the agenda. Waiting on a ride to the local Oh Reallys.

Thanks

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Bigzavs;1477052 said:
you left your wire at my house dude, lol

My bad dude. Good thing I'm done wiring!

Update: The car is all back together and I let it get to operating temperature and it didnt leak at all! Woot! Also the Powersteering seems to be doing a lot better.

The weather is shit right now so I can't test drive it.

Thanks

-Nick-

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
o come on nick, you know you wanna go drive it in this nice snowy weather in...........texas of all fucking places, and to think it was 70 yesterday and now theres almost 3 inches of snow in my back yard