2JZ-GE-T Build - 89 Turbo Supra

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Well... I swapped the Lex out for a stock AFM due to me thinking I was getting TOO much air. Not the case I suppose. Well the SAFC wasn't seeing tach signal so it had no idea where to make those adjustments I was setting on the SAFC. But before I realized that I swapped the AFM so I really dont know if it was too much air or not. So I went to the junk yard and picked up the stocker... And stopped by Oh really's to get some flat black... ::w00t:: I mean come on, even if I was swapping them out I still had to paint it flat black!

Soooooo... Stock AFM, Stock 440CC Injectors, Stock Fuel Pump. All of which I'd like to upgrade soon.

With using the Neo I've tuned for about 10 PSI max or so. I'm still messing with it because I don't go full throttle that much and I think that's my problem. I think it will be much more consistent when I go full throttle for tuning. It's strong though.

Right when I put my foot into it (about 1/2-3/4 throttle) it goes pig rich, then will lean out to about 12.5-13.5 MAX. But when I go up in boost I think it just leans out no matter how much fuel I dump in however those are not full throttle pulls...

So I'm hoping with more adjusting of the SAFC and throttle I think I can be safe around 10-12PSI ish. Max I hit on this setup was 14 but the SAFC wasn't tuned for that so the second it jumped up to about 14.3 AFR I got out of it.

Thanks man! Yeah I had put more than 500 miles before I took the trip so I felt pretty confident. If not I was pretty sure I could fix whatever would go wrong during the drive.

-Nick-

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
I wouldn't be doing anything if you're seeing anywhere near 14.3 on the wideband. The second I see 12 I would be out of it.

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
14 X was only at half throttle. Full throttle it settles down to around 12.5.

I'll keep my foot out of it for the most part until I upgrade fuel.

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Just swapped in a walbro a few days ago and man was that over due! It feels great at WOT at 9PSI.

Now I'm just too rich sometimes which is a much better problem to have than being too lean :)

Anyways I highly recommend this swap! Although if someone does this swap and has the money to go standalone I'd also recommend that so you dont have to deal with all the piggy back SAFC BS. And upgrade fuel because you'll want to later!

Thanks!

P.S. Here are some pics from a photoshoot with my friends built KA-T 240SX.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1213982_1.jpg

p1213982_2.jpg

p1213982_3.jpg

p1213982_4.jpg

p1213982_5.jpg

p1213982_6.jpg

p1213982_7.jpg

-Nick-

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Hah nice. Yeah I think I saw those pictures on facebook. But still... 880CCs!!! Come on man! I'd come down and install them for you if I was still in Texas hah.

Enjoy riding man. I miss it a lot.

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
dont be doin no plus one's here dok...that goes for you too. :naughty:
Might be adding to the 2jge-t guys dependant on how the next week or 2 goes for me... if these new bearings dont cut it expect a 7m fs thread.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Nick, how's the car doing?

Btw, for those considering doing this swap, Nick's car is a perfect example of what attention to detail and dedication gets you. Excellent car all around, I was VERY impressed. Hope to see it again at Indy2k10!

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Wow guys I had no idea this thread was bumped! I figured it was set back to be in SupraMania history for a while lol.

The car is doing well. Just got back to Indiana with it after a summer in Texas. Had the A/C working for a bit but now I need a new compressor... FML. But luckily, summer is ending soon :)

I haven't taken any videos recently aside from the track/dyno vid back in June or so.

Had a setback... The car was smoking when it sat at idle for a little while, pulled the turbo and it was trashed after about 14,000 miles or so. While swapping the turbo I swapped to the rubber mounts which served to be such an improvement in drivability! When I had the rubber mounts and A/C... I had a true daily driver with high 300 HP. Dream come true.

The car is more responsive with this new turbo even though its the EXACT same turbo.

Thanks Quin, I really appreciate it. You should ride in it now with the rubber mounts! Feels so smooth and drives so much better now that I got all of my boost leaks taken care of. When you rode in my car there was a HUGE boost leak. It looks so much better now.

Here's a semi-current picture after I got all matching black couplers which completed the black and aluminum color scheme in my engine bay. I also bought a fan shroud which I don't have pictured... It looks so stock with the shroud on.

p1406699_1.jpg

I'll work on some videos :)

Thanks guys!

-Nick-